"I never did such thing," Doreen shook her head.

"No Doreen? You just made it very hard for me to keep in touch. Hanging up on me. Not responding to my messages, sending back my gifts. Childish behavior don't you think?" he stared at her.

Doreen looked away.

"I came to see my daughter and when she is well she is coming to live with me in Manhattan we already discussed it."

Doreen gasped and looked angrily at Mimi. Then as she noticed Carl and Andrew stood beside her with a guilty look
They knew as well.

"Hi, Mr. Michael's," Carl nodded.

Nodding back he said hello.

Nervously they looked at one another.
Andrew reached for Mimi and excused himself pulling her along with Carl to leave Doreen and Greg alone.

Silently they looked at one another.

He turned his head away from her to walk to Tara's side.

He looked down at her and gently held her hand.
"Oh baby girl! What happened to you?" He swallowed the lump in his throat.

He stood by her side and leaned down and kissed her forehead. He whispered near her ear.
"Dads here hun, please wake up"
He slowly stood up and looked down at her.

~•~•~•~•~
The familiar voice spoke and immediately she was there present. But not really there. She stood there not able to say anything that they couldn't hear and watched her father and aunt argue over her..

"Guys please stop," she cried.

The moment she appeared there was something different. They spoke and their voices seemed distant and muffled.

Something wasn't right.

She walked closer. Wanting to touch her fathers arms she stared at her hand. She gasped noticing it was starting to fade.

"What is happening to her," she flexed her fingers and brought them up higher.

Suddenly the room began to dim. She looked around her heart began to thump heavily in her chest. The low tones of familiar music made her turn looking around.

As if blurring out of one place and into another the sounds became more clearer.
Her dreams.
Abruptly she jerked awake.
Her head felt so heavy and her eyes weighted.
Again the music.
She stiffened.
Could it be?

Her eyes focused and again like every other day she awoke to where she left off.

Lost in time.....

Slowly holding her heavy pounding head she sat up. She turned to look at the far corner and noticed Duncan looking at her phone.

Grogily as if she had just gotten over a bad case of the flu, on bended knees she crawled towards him.

He sat on the nearby trunk engrossed with her cell phone he never looked up as she came close. Silently she listened as the song began.
Her heart felt overwhelmed. It was a song meant for loved ones that are no longer here.
She wanted to cry.
All was lost for her. She may never return home.
She rested her head on the bed post. Holding back her tears that threatened to fall. She closed her eyes unable to contain her emotions.
She sang softly.
"Never have I imagined, living without your smile.
Feeling and knowing you hear me
It keeps me alive
Alive
And I know you're shining down on me from heaven
Like so many friends we've lost along the way
And I know eventually we'll be together
One sweet day."