WAR IS CALLING YOUR NAME

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

—John A. Shedd

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Melanie runs out of the Jedi Council chamber as if the hounds of hell are hot on her heels.

She comes to a stop behind a gigantic stone column, a few paces from the turbolift her and Obi-Wan road up in earlier.

Her chest heaves as she leans back against the cold stone, squeezing her eyes shut as alarm bells continue to blare in her skull.

Darth Vader, Darth Vader, Darth Vader—

Stop thinking of his fucking name! She screeches to herself, eyes squeezing shut tighter.

He's real. They're all real. The Jedi, the clones, Anakin, Ahsoka—

But, then, that also means—

The dark, massive holographic figure of earlier flashes behind her eyelids, chilling her blood.

Fuuuuuck.

"I have to get off this planet." she mutters to herself wildly, even though she knows very well that there is nowhere safe to hide from the evil man in question.

After all, how can you hide from the Devil?

"Well, I hope you're not about to do that now, because I'm not sure how the Masters would take it." a, for about the ten billionth time today, familiar voice says, making Melanie flinch.

She snaps to attention, eyes widening at the sight of Ahsoka Tano standing near her, one of the Togruta's orange arms leaning against the column right across from Melanie's hiding place.

Ahsoka grins, giving her a little wave. "Hi! I'm Ahsoka—"

"I know." Melanie mumbles hopelessly to herself, finally giving in to the sheer insanity around her.

"—and the Masters told me to help take you to your new room!" Ahsoka's sharp teeth glint from the sunlight pouring in from the Temple's windows as she leans off the column and walks towards her.

Oh. Right. Yes, she had forgotten about that.

"I'm not really sure why," Ahsoka begins, the white face markings where her eyebrows should be furrowing in thought, "but Obi-Wan seemed to think you'd be more comfortable with me showing you around."