And today was the day she would acquire her wings. To be honest, not only him, but the entire Malhotra clan was waiting for the results.

Meanwhile....

Suman and all the investors turned the door hearing the voice. And to everyone's surprise, it turned out to be none other than'The Ramnath Malhotra'.

Ramnath strode inside with an aura flaring along with him. That moment Sumo realized why he was one of the most feared lawyers, at least in India.

The investors had all their mouths open slightly at the presence of Ramnath Malhotra. After all, he was one of the most difficult lawyers to hire.

Ramnath came to Sumo, who had a big smile on her face, as soon as she realized that he had come to support her. He had truly changed his ways, keeping his 'elephant sized' ego aside.

Ram hugged her tightly and gave a kiss on her hair. He was damn proud of her after all. She had reached this position in her life, all by herself. He had seen her absolute struggle, though he might not have appreciated it verbally because of his personal misconceptions earlier. Let there be no doubt that he had always been proud of her choices, sacrifices, and the ways in which she had handled things. And that's why he whispered, only for her to hear, "I am proud of you, bacche. Always have been."

Sumo was stumped with emotions at his declaration, tears filling her eyes, but she didn't let them fall. After all, she had an image to maintain.

Coming out of the hug, he patted her head and turned to face the investors.

Ram- Okay, people, let me introduce  myself. Advocate Ramnath Malhotra. And I am here as 'My Daughter's ' lawyer.

Investor - (quizically) Your daughter, Mr. Malhotra? Well, we never heard of her before. As far as we know, she is Suman Tiwari, right.

Sumo tensed up a bit. She was a Malhotra daughter-in-law, and people still calling her with her maiden name were disconcerting for her. As she thought, it might offend Ramnath, but she was in for a surprise.

Ram- (smiling) Off course she is Suman Tiwari. But now a Malhotra, too. Anyways that's not the point. But I have seen her grow in front of my eyes, from a little naughty girl to this pretty young and independent entrepreneur. Let's not go into familial ties and discuss the points according to her hard work. What say???
           *******************

Malhotra Mansion

Nirmala was pacing to and fro in the living room with a worried expression on her face. Kamini and Vandy were looking at her while giggling to themselves. It was comical, how she was worried about Suman, even though it wasn't such a big deal according to them. They thought that they were discreet. But Nirmala was no novice, and she knew that she was the topic of their ridicule. Yet, only she knew how important this was for Suman, both as an individual and a woman. She herself had struggled and strived hard to reach the level she was now.

Well, classy and two-faced people like Kamini wouldn't know the meaning of it because all she had ever done was think and breathe money, status, and parties. Well, it wasn't her concern what she and her daughter-in-law were interested in. It didn't even matter if she was the butt of their jokes.

But what actually was her business was, her kids. Shravan had been almost cut off from the family, and that was one thing that she had understood in just a few days of her reconciliation with Ramnath. Though, their relationship was nothing like it was initially, but it was strong, in its own way, per say.

Anyways, right now, her main concern was to give all her attention to Shravan and Suman and make them believe that they too deserve a happy and complete family. They both had been feeling unwanted for a long time, so much more than Shravan. So her main aim was to concentrate on her family. Kamini and Shyam could handle their own family, just the way they had been doing all these years. But the resentment she felt towards Shyamnath, because of how he neglected his wife's subtle manipulations and atrocities on her husband and family, was something that would take quite a long time to go away. And even Lalaji understood this. He regretted his actions, or better to say, inaction of past years. Thus, they had come to a silent agreement, and he decided to earn the forgiveness before asking for it.