I'm Muffin Without You

A/N: This is not beta-read and edited through Grammarly. It has been sitting as a draft in my documents for months and I finally was able to get it done. Hope it is satisfactory! Enjoy!

***************

After a satisfying nap, Xavier started to wake up. Xavier had not realized that he had fallen asleep in his bed. He was on his side and was hugging his body pillow.

Why was his body pillow warm? What!

He hugged the body pillow close to him and felt the pillow move. Xavier slowly opened his eyes.

Xavier discovered a head of black hair in front of his face. Mico was lying on his bicep. He was spooning Mico and had his arm around him. Xavier turned slightly to look at his clock to find it was almost dinner time.

Without waking Mico, Xavier slowly lifted Mico's head off his bicep and laid him back down on the pillow to allow him to sleep a little more. Xavier grabbed his phone and quietly left his room. He checked his messages as he walked into the kitchen. He texted Crystal that he had arrived home then looked into the refrigerator.

Xavier knew he had to be the one to cook. When Mico and Xavier had first started to get to know each other, Mico had told him that he overcooked food sometimes. Since Xavier was gone at camp, he really did not have much in his refrigerator. He was a bit lazy after driving and waking up from their nap, so he figured he would do something easy. Xavier looked in his freezer and found some chicken thighs. He put them in the microwave to defrost while he cooked rice. Afterward, Xavier looked through his cupboards for his seasonings, bay leaves, peppercorn, vinegar, and soy sauce. He then grabbed garlic off his counter. He washed his hands and crushed 5 garlic cloves to prepare to make Chicken Adobo for Mico.

Xavier found cooking relaxing. One just had to follow the instructions. He glanced over at the counter and saw the muffin recipe that Mico's parents used to express their love for each other. He washed his hands and dried them, then went over to look at the recipe again.

Xavier did not do much baking but was willing to try for Mico. The problem he was having right now was figuring out which ingredients to use. Xavier kept on thinking and thinking, and the only thing he could think of was Mico's favorite caramel milk tea with boba.

Xavier got on his phone to see if he could find any boba milk tea muffin recipes. He found one, but it required him to have teabags, which he did not have. He did another search on infusing tea into a muffin and found one where they steeped tea bags into the milk they put into the muffin. Xavier thought about it. Maybe, there could be a way he can try to use the components of a caramel milk tea boba into Mico's muffin based on some of the approaches he saw online.

Xavier scrolled through his phone to find the number he was looking for and called it. After a few rings, someone answered the phone, and Xavier responded.

"Hi, can I put in an order for delivery in about an hour? Can I have two large caramel milk teas with regular boba?"

**************

Mico woke up smelling something coming from the kitchen. He noticed that Xavier was no longer lying next to him. He sat up and looked around Xavier's room. Mico could not believe he was going to be staying with Xavier for the next few weeks.

Mico had never thought that he and Xavier would reunite at the Paniticamp. Mico knows that he tends to be a pessimist and a worrier, so he is trying to stay optimistic about his relationship with Xavier in the future.

Mico got up out of Xavier's bed and walked out of the bedroom. He walked into the kitchen and noticed Xavier looking into a pot cooking over the stove.

Mico pulled out a chair from the dining table and sat down. He put his hand through his hair because he was still trying to wake up. Xavier turned to look at Mico before putting the ladle down and wiping his hands. Xavier thought Mico looked adorable with a bedhead.