Chapter 7: Snakes on a Cake? 😮

[Cake Is Served:]

"Let them eat cake," the DJ announced.

Daniel felt his jaw drop when a couple of severs wheeled in the couple's wedding cake and he saw the choice of decorations the newlyweds had chosen to adorn the top of it.

Snakes?

It would have been a beautifully decorated and yet ordinary looking three-tier wedding cake if not for the fact it had been embellished with half a dozen fondue snakes in a combination of colors ranging from gold, silver, and black to one along the edge that looked almost like it had airbrushed with copper scales.

"You got snakes to symbolize Kreese's dojo?" he sounded a little dumbfounded.

Robby shook his head. "Not quite. We decided to go with fondant snakes because it's kind of a symbol of our relationship. I was at a crossroads in my life when she asked me to go to the zoo with her and that little "excursion" send us down the path that resulted in us growing closer."

"I don't understand," Johnny said cluelessly.

When it came to his son's life that wasn't exactly front-page news.

Robby shrugged his shoulders as he repeated the story of the 'great snake caper' to his newfound audience. "Kreese lost his mascot, so the other kids decided to plan a zoo heist and I sort of found myself coming along for the ride as a type of initiation to get into Cobra Kai."

"Lost his snake, my ass!" Daniel interrupted incredulously. "That bastard let the damn thing loose in my car dealership. That little demon snake of his nearly destroyed our reputation and we struggled to get people to come back from weeks afterward."

"Is that what you were talking about during the community hearing?" the blonde looked at him with newfound interest.

"Really Johnny?" his co-sensei sighed dramatically. "Try and keep up."

Just as those words left his mouth, Daniel processed his former student's words, and the tables were turned when it became his turn to play catch up. "Wait! Did you just say, 'zoo heist'? Please tell me you're kidding."

Robby didn't seem bothered by his state of shock. "I was initially just supposed to tag along for the ride, but then Kyler forgot the catchpole because the guy's a massive dumbass and before anyone could figure out how to grab the snake, we heard a staff member coming into the back room where the cages were stored to yell at us for trespassing".

"Well, at least you guys weren't able to get the snake."

"I never said I left there empty-handed," Robby pointed out.