𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲.

𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄;
𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐉𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘.

y/n bit the inside of her cheek as eleven messed with mikes supercom. she stood between dustin & mike, lucas in front of her. "we just tell our parents we have av club after school. that'll give us at least a few hours for operation mirkwood." he explained, glancing at the girl.

lucas studied mike, "you seriously think that the weirdo knows where will is?"
"—just trust me on this, okay?" mike asked.

lucas reluctantly nodded, "okay?"

mike nodded & looked around. "did you guys get the supplies?"
lucas reached over for his bag, "yeah. binoculars... from 'nam. army knife... also from 'nam. hammer, camouflage bandana... & a wrist rocket." he grinned.

"you're gonna take out the demogorgon with a slingshot?" y/n asked, eyeing the boy.

"first of all, it's a wrist rocket." he clarified, "& second of all, the demogorgon's not real. it's made up."

he continued, "but what if there is something out there, i'm gonna shoot it in the eye... & blind it."

sighing, mike faced dustin & y/n, "dustin, what did you get?"

the curly headed boy reached around the girl to grab his bag, emptying the goods on mikes table, "well, alrighty. so we've got... nutty bars, bazooka, pez, smarties, pringles, nilla wafers, apple, banana & trail mix." he finished off with a proud smile.

"seriously?" lucas deadpanned as y/n & mike glanced at each other.

"we need energy for our travels, for stamina." dustin argued, "& besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? we have her." he motioned towards eleven.

"she shut one door!"
"—with her mind!" the boy exclaimed, "are you kidding me? that's insane! imagine all the other cool stuff she could do. like..." he walked over to the girl, "i bet... that she could make this fly!"

he held up one of mikes nerdy objects, "hey. hey." he whispered, eleven still turning the buttons to the supercom. "okay, concentrate. okay?" he dropped the object onto the floor.

"okay, one more time." he picked it back up, "okay. use your powers, okay?" he asked her, earning a blank stare in response. he dropped it again & nothing happened.

"idiot." lucas whispered, causing y/n to snicker.
mike rushed over to pick the object back up, "she's not a dog!"

"kids!" mrs. wheeler called from upstairs, "time for school!"

the four kids all scrambled for their bags, grabbing everything they could before heading upstairs. y/n stayed back, waiting for mike while he talked to eleven.