My Brother's Keeper Part 2

Start from the beginning

After fifteen minutes, Duane showed up and did what was instructed of him to do. I thanked him and watched as he exited the kitchen. Prince and I are finally alone and it's starting to feel even more awkward because of earlier. First, getting naked in front of him, trying to break up a fight with him, going through awkward shopping and now, we're here and I am just officially wishing this night would end on a good note just once.

Coincidentally, we ended up sitting at the counter and waited until his brother gets back. In silence, we stared at each other awkwardly until we gave in and started a conversation.

"So, about earlier, can we...just for a second pretend that none of this even happened?" I asked.

"Pretend what happened?"

Smooth.

"Okay, so now that we are settled with this, what do you want to do now?"

"I don't know, we could talk, I guess."

"Talk about what, exactly?"

"I don't know. Maybe...some more about your business?"

"Okay..what do you want to know?"

"Well first, how did you get started?"

"Well, mostly in my grandmother's backyard. She practically raised me along with my mother. She would make me all types of things for my hair, skin, and more. I was so inspired. Then one thing led to another and I just kept it going until she died. After that, I graduated from high school, went to college, stayed in Philly for a little while working on my business, then about a year ago, I moved to Minnesota and built upon it with my best friend, Aubrey. And now, here we are, long story short." 

"Why?"

"Why, what?"

"Minnesota. I mean, there had to be a million places to choose from, right?"

"Yeah, that's true but, to be honest I just wanted to be somewhere where no one really knew me and plus, I like my privacy."

He chuckled before saying, "I feel you on that one."

"So, what about you?" I asked.

"What about me?"

"Why Minnesota?"

"Well, for one, I'm from here and it gets cold. And second, it keeps me away from the bad things."

"What bad things?"

"Bad things like press and things like that."

Wow, I didn't even think about that when we were at the store. Maybe it would be a bad idea to ask why. I must've forgotten that he was Prince again. And plus, when he mentions things like this, it makes me wonder, is this really what he wanted for his life?

"Yeah...you're right."

"Anything else?...I mean, there's no telling when Duane will be back."

I mean, other than the fact that I almost jumped your bones? What else is there really to say but, I guess this conversation is going good so far.

"Well I guess we could talk about you and your brother's relationship. Or is that too much for you?"

"Oh no, it's fine. We actually have more of a boss-employee relationship than a brotherhood now."

"Well, why is that?"

"I don't know."

Before I could even rebuttal, in walked Duane with the groceries. Saved by the bell, I guess.

****

That's it for My Brother's Keeper Part 2 | Incense and Candles

What did you think about it?

Sorry if it has been a minute since an update...But I promise more is to come!

Thanks for reading!

Please comment, vote, follow and share!

Love you to infinity, Cammy!