CHAPTER FOUR

ENTICEMENT

TW: Sexual(slight lang), mentions of alcoholic drinks or liquor, etc.

NASA labas na si Annika ng bar while Cecilia is finding a parking spot, Cecilia's father lend them a car. Mula sa kanyang kinatatayuan ay nakikita niya ang mga taong puma pasok at lumabas mula sa bar.

Most of them are giving her stares which she can't explain in words. She doesn't know if they're judging her or she was just assuming that they are looking at her.

Hindi nakatulong ang kabang nag papakilabot sa kanyang puso. Nag mumukha siyang batang naligaw dahil napagkaligtaan ng kanyang magulang — well, totoo naman 'yon but that's not the point.

Even though she hasn't stepped foot inside the bar yet — she can already hear how loud the music is.

Klarong-klaro pa nga ang mga liriko ng kanta at para sa kanya ay hindi kaaya-aya ang mga mensahe non. Now she knows what to expect once she enter the bar.

It screams lust and wildness which makes her cower in absolute bewilderness.

Culture shock — or maybe lifestyle shock.

Annika tries to brush her nervousness off by thinking of ways to prepare herself before Cecilia arrives, however she can't. Wala itong magawa kung hindi ay hanapin nalang si Cecilia.

She proceeds to walk around the parking lot while awkwardly stretching her arms hoping to find Cecilia immediately.

Habang siya ay naglalakad ay ramdam niya ang mga matang sumusunod sa kaniyang galaw. At this point she'd rather get swallowed by the land than to try and live with those stares.

Minsan pa nga ay natitingnan niya rin ang mga ito, she gets intimidated easily kaya siya ang unang umiwas ng tingin.

She notices that some are looking at her with the intention to approach her and accompany her but she looks aloof and sad. They think that once she drinks alcohol she will burst into tears, it's not like they want to spend their night consoling a crying drunk stranger. There's a lot of girls they would rather fuck with.

Ang iba naman ay hindi nila mapigilang maalala ang kanilang dating sarili noong baguhan palamang sila sa bar. Tindig at postura palang ay halatang hindi ito sanay sa lugar.

Aaminin ni Annika — she doesn't look so confident.

"Ready?" Napatalon sa gulat si Annika ng biglang magsalita si Cecilia mula sa kaniyang likuran.

"Cecilia!" Pumikit ito ng mariin at kinalma ang gulat at kinakaban niyang puso. "Don't startle me like that!"

"Ulul, it's my fifth time calling you! Kinakabahan ka?" pag puna nito habang tumatawa, she hooked her arms on Annika's then dragged her inside the bar.

"Chill!" What she just said contradicted the atmosphere of the place they were in.

She was not wrong about the music, for sure it's going to tear her ears out.

Annika looked around, and now she regrets doing so.

People are almost naked and she can see some bra and accessories getting kicked on the floor while everyone is jumping and dancing around. Some are holding their glass of alcohol and most of them are holding a bottle or two!