Chapter 4- On a Ned-To-Know Basis

"What was that?" Aunt May calls from the kitchen as Ned stands up

"Uh, it's nothing. Nothing." Peter says.

"You're the Spider-Man. From YouTube." Ned says.

"I'm not. I'm not." Peter says. He presses the spider emblem on his chest. The suit becomes baggy and falls from his body.

"You were on the ceiling." Ned says.

"No, I wasn't. What are you two doing in my room?" Peter asks.

"May let me in and Maddi said it was okay." Ned says. "You said we were gonna finish the Death Star."

Peter looks at Maddi. "Maddi, I've told you a million times to stay out of my room. You guys can't just barge in like that!"

"I'm sorry, Pete, but you weren't home and we needed a place to build the Death Star! The kitchen was not going to cut it." Maddi says.

The door opens and Aunt May walks in. She waves a rag in front of her face as smoke from the kitchen fills the room. "The turkey meatloaf recipe is a disaster. Let's go to dinner. Thai? Ned, you want Thai?"

"Yes." Ned answers.

"No. He's got a thing." Peter says.

"A thing to do after." Ned says.

"Okay." Aunt May says. She waves a finger at Peter who was just in his boxer shorts. "Maybe put on some clothes." She leaves the room.

"Oh, she doesn't know?" Ned asks.

"No." Peter says.

"And Maddi, you knew this whole time?" Ned asks.

"Yes." Maddi says.

"The only other person who knows is Mr. Stark because he made my suit. That's it. Just him and Maddi." Peter says.

"Tony Stark made you that? Are you an Avenger?" Ned whispers.

"Yeah, basically." Peter replies. "You can't tell anybody about this. You gotta keep it a secret."

"Secret? Why?" Ned asks.

"You know what she's like. If she finds out people try and kill me every single night, she's not going to let me do this anymore. Come on, Ned, please." Peter says.

"Okay, okay, okay. I'll level with you. I don't think I can keep this a secret. This is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, Peter." Ned says.

"Ned, May cannot know. I cannot do that to her right now. You know? I mean, everything that's happened with her, I...please." Peter says.

"Okay." Ned says.

"Just swear it, okay?" Peter asks.

"I swear." Ned says.

"Thank you."