Without warning , you see you-know-who walking towards the area where you're exiting from . The delinquent sees you too . The pair of you made eye contact for a very short moment , though it feels like time has stopped for several seconds as you look eachother in the eye for the first time in years .

His appearance has changed quite a bit . His brown school cap is embellished with two small gold pins , and you can tell that it's ripped at the back . The delinquent also wears his dark brown Gakuran open , revealing a green vest , and he holds his dark trousers up with two coloured belts . Not to mention the large gold chain piercing the collar of his Gakuran . His hair , from what you can see , is thick , slightly overgrown , and a bit wavy .

You don't see much of his face , as the shadow from his school cap only leaves part of it visible .

Saying nothing , the tall teenager looks away and passes .

☆*: .。.o.。.:*☆

Just over a week later , it's a Wednesday morning and you're sat in Biology class .

Sensei stands in front of the chalkboard .

"I'm now assigning a project to summarise the Marine Biology module of the course " he announces . "I want this project to be done in groups of four , and it will be due in four weeks . You may choose how it will be done . This project will contribute to your final grade at the end of the year in two ways : you will be graded mostly on your individual contribution as well as the final outcome of your group's work . Get into groups and start working ."

A moment later , you feel a soft tap on the shoulder and turn around . It's Morgan Sofia .

"Want to work together ?"

You hum in response and collect your notepad and pen from your desk before following her to her workspace . She kindly draws an empty chair from a nearby desk for you to sit on . "I was thinking ," she starts to tell you "that we could- so you couldn't find one more person to join the group , Timachi-kun ?"

"I did . He's just getting his stuff" Timachi says , taking a seat by the desk . He looks at you . "Hi , I'm Timachi Leon" .

"Hi , L/n F/n . And who did you say was working with us-"

As if on cue , your question is answered as a notebook drops on the desk in front of you with a thud , before you hear the sound of a chair being dragged to the table , opposite you .

Sat infront of you is none other than your middle school nemesis :

[Kujo] Jotaro .

"L/n-san !" Morgan snaps , reclaiming your attention suddenly . You almost jump out of your own skin , ashamed to be caught off guard .

"I-I'm listening".

"I have an idea" Timachi suggests , and you all look at him . "Morgan-san and I can work together on a page summarising half of last term's content . Kujo-kun and L/n-san can do the same . Then each pair can transfer their work onto a single poster . Kujo-kun and L/n-san can have the first two weeks , then Morgan-san and I will finish the rest off ."

"How about L/n-san and Kujo-kun on Marine ecosystems and habitats , and Timachi-kun and I will summarise Marine life and Coral reefs ?"

"Yeah" you answer simply . Jotaro , arms folded and staring down at his lap , lifts his head up for a moment .

"You may all pack up and leave ," the teacher announces ; "class is dismissed !"

Later that same day . You're in maths class . The lunch bell rings . "All dismissed" Sensei announces .

You promptly shut your notebook and slip your pen into the pocket of your cardigan before holding the notebook under your arm and pushing your chair under the desk . You make way to the locker-area where you open your unit .

As you stealthily close your locker , you feel a heavy slap on your left shoulder , making you drop your lunchbox . Groaning in light discontent , you crouch down to collect it off the floor .

"Gotcha , loser" Noriaki teases triumphantly with a snide smirk as you bring yourself back to your feet and face him .

"Great timing , Nori . I'm already pissed ."

"Shit , what happened ?"

"Sensei gave us a Marine Biology project to do in groups of four and my group decided to work in pairs , so I have to partner with Kujo-kun but I don't wanna . Am I supposed to just go up to him and be like 'Kujo-kun , I know I hate your guts but let's work closely together for two weeks' ?"

"Sounds like it ."

"Yare yare dawa" you grumble , shaking your head .

It's now the end of first break . You put away your empty lunchbox into your locker . Class is about to begin shortly . Just as you're about to place a hand on your locker , a sudden unnatural-seeming force closes it for you . How the hell did your locker close itself like that when there's no wind blowing ? Or are you not thinking straight because you're stressed about having to suddenly partner with Jotaro on an important school project ? Feeling weirded-out , you turn around to go .

Now infront of you is Jotaro Kujo .

Oh shit .

"Meet here after school" he orders plainly , as he looks down at you from the thin veil of the shadow presented by his schoolcap . "And don't even think of getting excited that we have to work toge-"

"Listen here , Kujo !" you snap back immediately , unintentionally earning the attention of some nearby students . His ocean-themed eyes widen at the raise in your voice . "If you think I'm excited , no the fuck I'm not ! I've hated you since middle school and that hasn't changed !"

He blinks . Angrily , you shove past him with your elbow and hastily find your way to your next class , feeling his watchful eyes trail your back until you completely turn the corner .