ooOOoo

James kept a close eye on Harry for the next few days, on the look out for if something indeed was wrong with him, as Lily suspected. However, nothing seemed out of the norm when it came to Harry. Lily was a different story. She was sleeping worse than ever, and continually insisted that something must be wrong with Harry. She couldn't sleep due to being nervous about the baby, which in turn made her irritable.

"Lily, you're worrying over nothing," James told her time after time, when he caught her scrutinising their playing son. "Harry is completely fine, just like any other normal baby."

"But he's not just any normal baby is he, James?" Lily replied back, turning to face him. "Dumbledore warned us."

"Oh Lily," James laughed, feeling the tightness in his chest ease. "That must be what is bothering you!"

The auburn haired witch sniffed as she used her wand to clean up the drink Harry had just knocked down. "Well, can you blame me?" She asked him. "To know that You – Know – Who could be after our boy is a terrifying thought."

"Yeah, but you thought he was ill."

"We make mistakes, right?" Lily shrugged uncomfortably, a small blush over her face at her mistake.

James smiled gently at her, and walked so that he could gather Lily in his arms. He pressed a kiss to the side of her head, and held her. "Hey, if it will stop you worrying, let's contact Dumbledore," James said. "He mentioned some time ago about a spell that could be used to keep us safe. To keep Harry safe. It's better to be safe than sorry, right?" He took Lily's face gently in his hands and looked deep into her eyes. "What do you say?"

She bit her lip gently, and after a few seconds, Harry's gurgling laughter filling the air, she nodded.

He smiled at her. "I'll send an owl off today," he promised her, their lips meeting in a kiss. "That should stop those negative emotions."

Lily nodded, but still seemed unsure.

The uneasiness remained even after the Fidelius Charm had been cast around a month later. The charm took a while to perform, and Lily found herself getting more and more agitated throughout it. James walked towards his wife when he saw the fire burning in her eyes, but before he even reached her Lily had stormed away in angry tears. She refused to come out of the bedroom for the rest of the day.

The night after Dumbledore cast the charm, James was taken from his sleep by Harry's cries through the baby monitor. He didn't hear any movement from Lily so he opened one of his eyes to see if she had already gone to see him. The space beside him was empty and James settled back down again.

However, Harry was continuing to cry, and he couldn't hear Lily's soothing voice as she sung to the upset child. After a few minutes, James struggled to get out of bed and, stretching and yawning. He stumbled on his way to the nursery, lighting his wand with Lumos along the way.

He opened the door with a soft voice of "what's the matter, Harry?" The tip of his wand glowed, and he caught sight of Lily sitting on a chair beside Harry, not doing anything to comfort the boy. He blinked. "Lily? What are you doing?"

His wife's shoulders shook, and James took more steps into the room.

Lily didn't reply, and James frowned as he picked up their son, rubbing his back soothingly. After a few moments, Harry began to cease in his crying, and was soon dribbling on his father's shoulders as he drifted into dream land. Carefully, James re-arranged Harry in his arms and turned to stare at his unblinking wife. "Why weren't you comforting him?" James asked in a low voice, less than pleased.