"i've missed you flirting with me."

"would you prefer it that i flirt obnoxiously right now? or for the rest of the day?", he hummed thoughtfully, before adding jokingly, "or perhaps for the next month?"

"not for that long.", i cringed slightly, "maybe- maybe just for the rest of the day? something simple like...pickup lines."

"anything you wish, my queen.", he agreed, looping his fingers through the belt loops of my jeans, "that is if you flirt back?"

"i'll try to.", i said, "it can be like a game. the flirting continues until someone gives in and admits their loss."

he laughed then, "may the game begin!"

i didn't see loki for the rest of the hour, i was convinced he forgot. but then, out of nowhere, he appeared while i was talking to wanda about card tricks.

he strode in with an innocent smile that i just knew would be my doom.

"hello, love.", he said, "do you have a bandaid?"

"what?", i asked confused, definitely not expecting that, "did you get hurt?"

"not really, just scraped my knee from falling for you.", he said casually.

wanda squealed as an embarrassed shade of pink made its way to my face.

"and here i was worried for you for real.", i muttered, and he pulled me in, pecking my cheek briefly, murmuring, "flattering but not quite enough."

the next time, it was me who approached him, doing my best shocked voice that i know sam would be proud of, "oh my gosh!"

"what?", he asked, tilting his head.

"if looks could kill," i smirked, "you'd be a weapon of mass destruction."

loki cocked an eyebrow, "i already am, love."

i nodded, then decided to use the one sam told me to use, "if they ever see a guy like you walk down the street, you're going to get arrested."

"enlighten me as to why.", he said amused.

"because you're killing all the ladies and all the men."

and it worked, loki blushed as he laughed, bright and loud, "i thought you were going to say attempt of stealing the throne or mass havoc but that- that was good."

and it continued throughout the day.

"aside from being hot, what else do you do all day?", i asked with a grin. i heard tony whistle in approval.

i sneezed once, and loki popped in and said, "i'd say may the norns bless you, but it looks like they already did."

i successfully snuck up on him as he was reading, "if you were a library book, i'd check you out and bring you home.". i definitely heard clint's 'ooooh' from the vents.

"you know what you would really look marvelous in?", loki asked as i slipped on a hoodie, "my arms.". i smiled dumbfounded. natasha, who was passing by, shouted, "he's right!"

"since you're a cat," i said plopping on the couch next to him, "would you spend all your nine lives with me?". loki smiled, "i'd spend all those lives and afterlives and even after that with you."

"hey, that looks heavy.", loki said, then grabbed a hold of my hand, "may i hold it for you?"

i know the team's setting up scoreboards at this point.

"no paper, no pen." i held up my hands, winking, "but you still drew my attention."

"you're sure you're not tired?", loki questioned, throwing his arm on my shoulders, "you've been running around in my mind all day."

"are you french?", he said when the sun's gone down, and it was 8 p.m., and we were in our room, "because eiffel for you."

we were laying in bed that night when i said, "i've been wondering."

"hm?"

"why out of all the pretty curves on your figure, your smile is my favourite."

he grinned, "and i've been wondering all day if your lips taste as good as they look."

"i would say more, but i've run out of ideas and tips.", i admitted, "oh, OH i know!"

"tell me, how is it possible that you're hotter than the bottom of my laptop?", i said in a genuinely curious tone. loki burst out laughing.

"that'll end it.", he said, "besides we both are tired i'm sure."

"i enjoyed it."

"i did as well, my heart."

"i love that."

"what? me?"

"no- i mean yes! but i love what you called me."

"my heart?"

i hummed, a smile shyly showing on my face, "yes, that."

"my heart.", he repeated, tucking my hair behind my ear. i blushed.

"do it again, mon prince ivre.", i whispered softly, "do it until i'm so sick of you saying that."

he laughed, "is that even possible, my heart?"

"no, no it isn't."

if i was being honest, i only told him to just so i could hear it a hundred more times. just to hear him say the words. 

author's note:

i've missed you all. 

and guess what? i've written a few chapters so you all will be getting that soon. 

i'll update as soon as much as i can before exams come around.