Floor Guardians

"Raise your heads." Momonga ordered to Guardians who were bowing to them. 'Jeez, could I look any more depressed and hopeless?!'

Astra had to physically keep from showing her shock at the sound of his deep voice. Is that really what Momo pictures his avatar's voice to sound like?!

"I am very pleased that all of you have come."

Albedo smiled at him with a slight blush. "Your thanks are waisted on us. We have pledged ourselves to you both, and live to obey, My Lord and Lady. I fear that our abilities may not meet your expectations. Despite this, we will strive to meet them, in honor of the lost Supreme Beings, our blesséd creators. This, we vow!"

"This, we vow!" The Guardians all echoed.

Momonga threw his arms outward. "Most excellent, our Guardians! I have no doubt that all of you will fulfill your duties without fail!"

They all smiled at the praise.

"Now then," He started in a serious tone. "The situation outside the Great Tomb of Nazarick is, at present, entirely unknown to us. With this in mind, I've had Sebas survey the surrounding area." He looked at the butler who bowed.

~~~

"Grasslands?" Astra said in shock.

"Yes, My Lady." Sebas nodded. "I'm afraid the swamps that once surrounded the Great Tomb of Nazarick are nowhere to be seen. Furthermore, I could not confirm a single building, human, or monster within one kilometer of here. It would seem we are completely isolated."

Astra placed a hand on her cheek in worry. "But we won't be for long." She muttered and nodded to him. "Very good, Sebas. You've served us well."

"As I suspected," Momonga spoke. "It appears that Nazarick has been transported to an unknown land by equally mysterious means." He looked at the Succubus. "Floor Guardian leader Albedo and defensive leader Demiurge. I have a task for you."

"Lord." They both looked at him.

"Fortify our defenses and work on a way to strengthen our information gathering. The rest of you, follow their lead." He ordered.

"In the meantime," Astra stepped a bit forward. "Mare, is there a way to conceal the Great Tomb of Nazarick?"

"Y-yes." The Dark Elf boy stuttered out. "Though, it will be difficult if all we use is magic. But if we covered the walls with dirt and vegetation. I think it would help to camouflage us from intruders-"

"You want to smear the glorious Nazarick walls with dirt?" Albedo growled out.

"Albedo. Don't make needless remarks." Momonga scolded her.

"Yes. Forgive me, Lord. I was careless."

Astra turned her attention back to Dark Elf boy. "Are you confident that the dirt will be sufficient, Mare?"

"Y-yes. I am." Mare told her. "As long as you allow it of course. Except..."

"One random mound would look unnatural." Astra finished.

Momonga turned to the butler. "Sebas, are there any hills around the Tomb we could bland in with?"

"No. The area is barren." Sebas said. "Nothing but flatlands as far as the eye can see."

"Fortunately, the land can be molded to suit our needs. Would making dummy hills suffice?"

"Yes, I do believe we would blend in with such a surrounding."

"Excellent. Then that is what we shall do." Momonga decided. "Afterwards, we will use illusion magic to hide the open areas we cannot cover."

"O-of course, Lord." Mare stuttered out. "It will be done."