06: Winter Boredom = Capitola

Winter of 1973

Winter of 1973

Winters were defiantly the worst time of the year. The Boardwalk was not as busy. Rides were only open for two days out of the week and it was just dead in general.

"I want to go on the carousel," Ophelia told the boys as they were in the cave.

"It's a Wednesday. It's not open". David glanced at her.

"We should play a game". Ophelia suggested.

"No". David said, making Ophelia glared at him.

"Can we at least go to the boardwalk?

"None of the rides are open until Friday". David spoke again.  He then furrowed his eyebrows, processing what she asked and then gave her a cold look.

"I just told you it's a Wednesday".

Ophelia smiled innocently.  "I still made you answer". 

David rolled his eyes, a growl rumbling in annoyance, looking away from her.  Ophelia looked at the boys who were doing nothing.  They were lazy.  They were honestly lazy vampires at points.

"Come on. We should go somewhere.  Like travel". 

"We will travel.  One day".  Marko looked away from the pigeon he was holding.

"You've said that before and it's been like five years since I've become a vampire-".

"Half vampire".  David immediately said after that word left her mouth.

Ophelia waved him off.

"Where would we even go?"  Paul asked.

Ophelia gave him a look.  She didn't understand how David put up with him more than her. 

"Oh, I don't know".  Ophelia said sarcastically.

The boys all looked at her. 

"Well, for starters, New Orleans".  She gestured to Marko who she remembered him saying he wanted to go there.  "Vampire city". 

"Don't like being around other vampires".  David said as he walked by her.

Ophelia held back an eye roll.  He was infuriating at times. 

"Europe, Australia, Egypt, HELL!  Even Hollywood which is only six hours away would do fine".  Ophelia went on.

"Egypt!  Isn't that like a big sandbox?"  Paul questioned, making Ophelia groan while Marko punched his arm and the other two rolled their eyes.

How did they all deal with him?

"How about this".  David started. "Once you make your first kill, we'll go somewhere. But for now, let's go to Capitola". David compromised, crossing his arms over his chest.