Chapter Four

It had been a few weeks since Maddison had been employed and the IT guru was loving her new role. The five women all clicked and they had spent nights on the couch watching movies, there had been no Busts but Holtzmann had spent many hours showing and training Maddison on their equipment and the clever woman had learned quickly.

Maddison had spent most of her time working closely with Holtzmann and Erin often found the blonde her away from her desk and sitting at Maddison's whilst they developed new programmes and machines together.

Erin, Patty and Abby loving seeing the two together, observing how their interactions were obvious flirting and it gave them something to gossip about.

'When are they gonna get together,' Patty whispered in the kitchen to Erin and Abby, eyeing the other two laughing at Maddison's desk.

Abby shushing her, 'Let them be Patty.'

Erin chuckled, looking over at the younger women.

'You can't stop fate baby,' said Patty with a laugh, opening the fridge, looking for food.

'Fate?' Erin said, turning to Patty and leaning her back against the bench.

Abby nodded, standing next to Erin,  'She's right you know, it's fate.'

Erin shook her head with a laugh, Patty stepping over to the bench, the three women watching the younger two as they continued laughing together at the desk.

_________________________________

Maddison arrived early at the Firehouse, and she unlocked the door, the lower floor was lit by a light left on in the kitchen and the glow of the sunrise through the windows, and her footsteps echoed as she walked towards her desk. Abby and Patty had been on the nightshift and she assumed they were both still asleep upstairs. She put her bag and jacket on her desk and walked towards the kitchen, planning on making a morning coffee. She jumped a little as she heard the front door open and Holtzmann walked in.

'Morning Miss Maddison,' Holtzmann said groggily, as the brunette smiled at her.

'You're in early,' Maddison said with a smile as she continued towards the kitchen, 'want a coffee?'

Holtzmann yawned loudly, running her hands over the sides of her hair, smoothing it, 'Please.'

Holtzmann followed Maddison to the kitchen, the brunette checking the coffee pot was hot and grabbing two mugs, 'You sleep okay Holtz?'

The blonde nodded through another yawn, 'Yeah, eventually, just couldn't sleep.'

The two of them stood next to each other at the kitchen bench, neither saying anything as Maddison poured coffee into mugs, Holtzmann turning to the fridge to pull out some milk, pouring some into each mug.  Maddison leaned her body a little towards the blonde, she didn't have to, there was no need to but she did it anyway, her bare arm brushed Holtzmann's and neither of them flinched, the blonde leaning her own body in a little more.

Holtzmann did it with the others too, the touching when there was no need to, but it was a little different with Maddison, or at least Maddison thought it was, just little signs that there was something a little more between the two, and whatever it was Maddison liked it, a sort of need and comfort between them.

Holtzmann knew she had growing feelings for Maddison. She didn't swat her hand away from her tube of Pringles because she always offered them, but if anyone else reached over, there would be a gentle smack to the hand. She found herself always wanting to me near her, finding some excuse to touch her hand or arm and Maddison never flinched. She loved to gaze at her too, the way the brunette's lips would thin when she was frustrated, how her eyes creased when she was happy and how her eyes sparkled when they met her own. And there were the little things that Maddison liked Holtzmann doing, the soft arm touches, sometimes she even looped her her arm through hers, especially when she was excited about something, and Maddison encouraged it.