Chapter Three

'You heading home?' Holtzmann asked Maddison as she noticed the brunette turning off some of her devices. 

Maddison shrugged in response, 'Maybe.'

They were both back upstairs, and Maddison pulled her hoody back on.

'Maybe?'

'Yeah, maybe, but I kinda wanna get some more things done here.'

Holtzmann hesitated, 'Wanna go get something to eat? Maybe you just need to refuel?'

Maddison smiled softy at her colleague, she was nervous but eager, 'That would be great Holtz.'

Holtzmann smiled, happy at the brunette's response, 'I'm pretty hungry myself.'

Maddison grabbed her phone, stuffing it in to her jeans pocket and she grabbed her jacket, sliding it on as Holtzmann walked to the bottom of the stairs, calling out to Patty, Erin and Abby, 'Mads and I are just going to go grab some food, want us to bring you two back anything?' Patty declined saying that Abby was out and bringing them back food for their night shift, so Maddison and Holtzmann headed out, Maddison closing the door behind them softly.

'What do you feel like eating?' Maddison asked, as the two walked close together, and headed up the street.

Holtzmann shrugged, 'You like Chinese?'

Maddison nodded, 'Yeah, you know a good place?'

Holtzmann nodded eagerly, licking her lips, 'Yeah, it's not far and they make some damn good food.'

Maddison and Holtzmann made the short walk to the restaurant, the blonde holding the door open for her colleague.

They were seated quickly and handed menus, and Maddy took off her jacket, hanging it at the back of her chair.

'You like it so far? Working with us I mean?'

'Yeah, I do actually. I'm looking forward to helping you guys out.'

'You know a lot about all the technology stuff, it's great.'

'Yeah, I was a hardcore gamer, it started from that I think, learning how it all works.'

'You enjoy it?'

'Love it. There is so much that can be done, like I can create a computer game, make an app, programme stuff, like those sensors, it's honestly endless.'

'You like being busy then I take it?'

Maddison nodded, 'Oh yeah, I feel like I'm wasting time if I'm not being busy, and if it looks like I'm not busy it's usually because I'm thinking about what I can do to keep busy.'

Holtzmann laughed, picking up her menu and having a quick glance, 'I know what you mean, there's always something that can be done, something I can unpack in my brain and figure out.'

The blonde looked back to the menu, closing it, knowing she was going to order her usual and she glanced at Maddison, the brunette using her finger to go over the menu items, and she looked up at the blonde, 'What are you getting?'

'Probably the fried rice and chicken, it's damn good here.'

'Maybe I'll just get the same.'

Holtzmann nodded as Maddison closed the menu and Holtzmann waved over a waiter, ordering for the two of them.

'So what did you do before this?' Holtzmann asked, pouring them both water from the jug that was on the table, and she took a sip of her own, 'it was a security company, right?'

'Yeah, security, I worked there for a while, running their IT services, but was just time to move on, I know I can do more than that. So when I saw the ad I thought it would be perfect for what I wanted to do. So you know, I'm really glad it was offered to me.'