7

The bar was practically empty when Javier walked in, just the usual suspects there at this time in the afternoon. Si was busy polishing the glasses that had just come back from the kitchen, his back facing the bar as he places each one on the shelf once he's done.

'Be with you in a moment.' He says over his shoulder as he finishes the last glass before turning to face Javi 'What are you doing here Peña?'

'I came to talk.' He states, hands stuffed in his pockets as he steps gingerly towards the bar.

'Well, I don't want to talk. She chose you. End of.'

'Actually, she threw me out just after you left.' Admits Javier as he sits himself down on one of the barstools.

'Is that right?'

'Look Si. What happened last night was completely unplanned.' Starts the agent as he scrubs a hand over his tired face 'The babies kicked for the first time and we got caught up in the moment.'

'Do you love her?'

'What?' His tone comes out a little shorter than he means it to.

''Do you love her? Not that hard to understand.'

'Yes.' He states, not wanting to beat about the bush 'It scares me how much. Seeing you and her together these past months has been killing me.'

'Then go get her.' Says Si as he shrugs his shoulders 'I love her but we've been together five minutes in comparison to the time you spent with her.' He pauses 'You're having twins together for fuck sakes. Yes, it sucked walking in on you fuckin' her but I'd be an idiot if I didn't think you two should at least try and make a go of it. For your kid's sake at least.'

'Si I-.'

'If you wanna say sorry then fine, I forgive you but for Christ's sake Javier. Go and get her or I will!' Groans Si as he points at the closed door.

'How are you such a Saint all the time?' He chuckled and Si shrugged again.

'My momma raised me right I guess.'

'That she did.' Javier replies as he stands from his stool and leaves.

~

You sit there nursing your tea as you stare at the flowers on your coffee table, the turmoil within eating you alive as you remember the look on Si's face when he saw you tangled with Javier. Taking a sip you scrunch your face up in disgust when you learn that it's tepid now, you'd not realised how long you'd been staring for. The door opening catches your attention and you look up to see Javier walking in, a look of determination on his face that you've never seen before.

'Javi I don't-.'

'Just let me speak.' He interrupts, raising his hand to stop you 'I went to see Si.'

'JAVI.'

'Just listen dammit.' He groans, raising his voice a little 'I went to explain. Tell him that we hadn't planned it. That it had just been us getting caught up in the moment. I swear that guy is a Saint because he fucking forgave us. He was hurt, understandably so, but he also told me that I should go get you. That he would be a fool to get in the way of us giving it a go.'

'Javier.'

'But I realised something.' He continues 'I don't want to give it a go with you.'

'No?'

'No.' He confirms and your heart sinks 'I want it all with you. I want to raise our babies with you. I want to make more with you. I want to call you my wife.'