9

Long time no see! hey! I haven't updated this story in years. Sorry about that. I hate that the trilogy is unfinished so I'm going to try and write this to completion for yours and my peace of mind. I saw a lot of comments expressing that the timeline here is a bit confusing. Every chapter that is prefaced with "*three years ago*" is set, well, three years ago before Claire and Harry ever met. It gives background information about Harry's life that is integral to the current-time plot. It will all make sense when you find out how these prologues intertwine with the plot in future chapters.

So in short, yes, Harry met a girl three years ago that he spent ten days with in New York. We don't know her name yet. ;) All of the chapters prefaced with "*three years ago*" are about them, not Claire. We good? Good.

I recommend you reread the last few chapters to catch up if you haven't been here in a while.

With all of that said, enjoy chapter 9.

CHAPTER 9

*three years ago*

HARRY

There is fuzzy chatter sliding in between the cracks of the door. Through the small glass panel to the other room, I can see the doctor flipping over pages on his clipboard, explaining something to my family members. Gemma glances over at me, her eyes growing with both confusion and anger. Are they angry at me?

What for?

I just woke up in a hospital bed in New York with no recollection of how I got here. The last thing I remember is getting off the plane with the boys at JFK. We got to our hotel, I went out for the night... And nothing. Maybe I just partied a bit too hard last night.

The flush of air from the door being swept open brings a nice breeze to my face.

"Harry you're awake," my mum says, clutching her scarf tightly to her throat. She only whispers, but it's enough for a pounding headache to manifest in a matter of seconds. Jesus, my head really hurts. I bring the palm of my hands to my temples, surprised to feel bandages. I pat the rest of my head carefully. Yep, my whole noggin is wrapped up.

"What happened?" I ask, and my gut twinges when realizing my voice is nearly gone. We have a show tomorrow.

"We were hoping you could tell us," Gemma says, her voice trembling. Her arms cross in a sign of disapproval, but her face is just plain worried.

"No idea. I guess I got a bit too drunk last night," I say, forcing a laugh to try and lighten the mood, but what follows is dead silence. My eyes take turns on theirs. They're all wide, with their brows furrowed.

"Last night? Harry--you've been missing for ten days."

I'm sure my face matches theirs now. What the fuck? Ten days?

"What? No... what day is it? Sunday right?" I question, my eyes scanning the room for a clock or a calendar.

"It's Wednesday, April seventh," the doctor finally speaks, putting his hands behind his back. He regards me intently, his eyes peeking over his glasses.

Fuck. That really is ten days. Last I remember it was still March.

"There is clearly some amnesia going on here, which may be the result of your head injuries or... drugs," the doctor suggests in an accusatory manner, making me sink between my shoulders. C'mon man, not in front of my mum.