Chapter 2

12, Grimmauld Place 

Summer, 1995

"MIA!!!!!" A voice shouted. Mia looked straight ahead, and saw a figure rapidly growing bigger. Mia had just come back from a long trip to Northern Canada to see the Northern Lights. They were extremely pretty, and gave Mia some ideas on how to teach her Hogwarts students about them. After she left Canada, she flew to Mauna Kea, Hawaii to stargaze and gather more teaching material. Once her trips were over, she returned to London and was sent a Patronus to tell her to meet Mad Eye Moody at a nearby muggle park, where he told her the location of the meeting place of the Order of the Phoenix, a group of people gathered by Albus Dumbledore to try and convince people that Lord Voldemort was back, and to find out what he was up to. Since her family was in it, and they were staying there, Mia gladly accepted being part of Dumbledore's group. It was now August 6, and she was inside Grimmauld Place for the first time. 

First impressions: Not impressed. Mia noticed the peeling wallpaper, dark atmosphere, and old timey portraits. The floorboards creaked, and Mia had the feeling that she had to be quiet. Apparently that wasn't true, as her younger sister was currently running full speed toward Mia. 

"Gin!" Mia exclaimed, as Ginny hugged her older sister. When they let go, Ginny took Mia's hand and pulled her forward. Mia saw Ginny tiptoe as they passed a ratty curtain, which must have been concealing something, as it didn't seem as there were any windows in this dreary house. 

After they passed the curtains, Ginny stopped tiptoeing and pulled Mia into a big open area. "Gin, what?" Mia asked, confused. 

"Thats the picture of Sirius's mother." Ginny replied sourly. "She'll start screaming if you wake her up." 

Mia nodded. Her parents had sent her a letter, telling her about Grimmauld Place. Sirius Black's family had lived there when he was a boy. Until recently, about June of that year, Mia (and the rest of the Weasleys except Ron) had believed that Sirius Black was a mass murderer who had escaped Askaban prison. He did really escape Askaban, but he was framed, as he later explained to them. 

Suddenly, Mrs. Weasley walked out of the shadows, and smiled when she saw Mia. "Mia! You're here already!" She said as she rushed forward to hug her. 

"Yup, I'm here mom." Mia said. "So whats the scoop?" 

Mrs. Weasley looked to Ginny, who rolled her eyes. "Yes, Mom, I know. I have to go upstairs." Ginny said grumpily, as she stomped up the stairs. Once Ginny was gone, Mrs. Weasley walked towards the dining room door. She opened it, and Mia saw Sirius Black and her father sitting at the table with Albus Dumbledore, discussing some plans. 

"Mia!" Mr. Weasley said when he saw her enter. "Come, sit!" 

She smiled at her father, then looked to Dumbledore. "Hello Professor!" Mia said, almost forgetting that he wasn't her professor, more like a colleague. 

Dumbledore smiled. "Hello Mia, but remember, I am not your professor anymore." 

"Oh right, sorry." 

She turned to Sirius. "Hi Sirius." She said. "So your house is the base?" 

"Hi Mia." Sirius replied, tucking a scroll of paper away. "Yeah, it is. I own the place, and we needed a house for the Order. So I decided to do something helpful." 

Mrs. Weasley sat next to Mia. "Have the rest of the Order gone to get Harry?" 

This news took Mia by surprise. Harry? From his aunt and uncle's house? He was coming here?

"They just left." Sirius replied. "We were just going over the plans about Voldemort's weapon." Beside her, Mrs. Weasley flinched. Mia didn't really care, it was just a name. It wasn't like if you said his name, his followers would find you and kidnap.