Mark stood and went to hug her. He was just an inch taller than her. She gave me this piercing look. It was obvious that she might have thought I'm Mark's date.

Mark: Emma this is Chaeyoung.

Mark said in English.

I stood up and went to her and offered my hand.

Me: Hi. I'm his bestfriend.

Upon saying that her features suddenly relaxed and she took my hand now smiling.

Emma: Oh hi, Sorry I though you're his... Never mind. Nice to meet you Chaeyoung.

Me: Nice to meet you too.

We settled in our seats as our drinks arrived. A minute later the two were

Mark: she's actually bisexual so don't worry about her.

I was taken aback just how casual he said that. Then I remembered she's a foreigner so that's not a big deal for them.

Emma: Really? My best friend too, speaking of she's probably wasted by now somewhere there.

Mark: Why don't she join us then?

Emma: Nah, let her be. Besides she's not the type who just sit here, she'll be out there.

She gestured the floor.

A minute later the two were super close and flirting. Seeing Mark flirt makes me cringe.

Me: Let me leave you two lovebirds alone, I'll just be downstairs.

Mark: You sure?

Me: Yeah. See yah.

I went down and went straight to the bar bumping to strangers as they dance along the music.

I reached the bar and ordered an iced tea. I sip while watching the people get hyped on the floor.

There they were lookin like they're having the time of their lives

Someone bumped me at my right and said sorry. I took a sip of my drink and took a peek at who bumped me who is now sitting beside me. She was tall and pretty too but not as pretty as my pretty angel though. Wait. Stop it Chaeyoung. I shook my head and drank more.

Girl: Iced tea won't forget whatever it is you just thought about.

I looked at her and saw she was talking to me.

Me: sorry?

The girl smiled faced me and said:

Girl: I said, Iced tea won't help you forget. You had that look, like you remembered something you don't want to remember.

Me: Yeah. Nothing seems to work Guess It'll be a long process. 2 years are not even enough.

Girl: 2 years? That's way too long for me. Few months is enough.

I looked at her shocked.

Me: How do you do that?

Girl: I dunno. I just do other stuff. Meet new people just like this.

She has a pretty smile. I can't help but noticed what she said. Does that mean she's trying to forget too.

Me: Like this? Are you trying to forget too?