kiss and miss

Sorry this update took longer than I thought it would, there was just so much I wanted to put into the chapter and my new job doesn't leave me with a lot of time to write, but I'm going to make more time. I enjoy writing this story and I hope you enjoy reading it.

Riley's POV 

I stood there in the room, in my underwear, trying to cover myself up with my dress staring at the door Isaac's brother had just walked out of. I didn't say a word as i turned to look at Isaac who was already staring at me like a predator staring at its prey. I felt a blush hit my cheeks as I remembered I was half naked and as I noticed I had his full attention.

"Why was he in your room? What did he say to you?" Isaac said taking a step closer, hovering over me.

"I didn't even know he was in my room! And he was just talking about how I smelt, but I don't know what he meant...i guess because i'm human?, why didn't you tell me you have a brother? There's so many things I don't know! This will never work if I don't even know you!" I said in an angry tone, I raised to my tip toes to try at get to Issac's height but I was still much smaller.

I took a step back and looked away, turning my attention to my small window and watched as the sun fell behind the trees, in what seemed like a forest of a garden.

"you might as well kill me now" my voice sounded beaten as I felt I had nothing left in me.

"I came to talk to you about just that when I heard his voice in here!" his eyes stayed on my as I walked over and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Well that's not my fault i didn't invite him in the stare at me while i change, much like i didn't invite you in to do the same" I felt so angry, but when i look at Isaac its hard to remember why.

"This is my house! I go where i want, when i want since my mother in here now we need to sort out our story i trust you have one?" He said raising his eyebrow.

As if i sit here thinking of a nice way to say 'your son kidnapped me, fed from me, beat me and threatened to kill me'.

"You better finish getting ready or we will be late for dinner, there are a lot of people here" every time he spoke he seemed to have such hatred in it, maybe just hatred for me? surprisingly i was okay with that.

"At least turn around till i put my dress on since it seems you aren't going to leave"

"Why would i turn around? i can clearly see and have just seen..."

"Isaac please" i plea. He looks at me, but its not his normal facial expression of 'i hate you human scum' , its a sympathetic look but his eyes...his deep green eyes are looking at me, not through me at me. The look he gave me sent shivers up my spin and sent sparks of electricity through my body right to my finger tips.  I stood there staring back at him, i can feel my heart begin to race and as if it was natural i start to tilt my head exposing me neck, i don't know why i was doing it but it feels so right.

With a blink of an eye Isaac was standing in front of me, his hand caressed my cheek, tilting my head up to look up at him. The longer we stood there staring at each other the faster my heart raced. For some ungodly known reason i move my head in to kiss him and for a second i thought he wanted to kiss me then he pulled away and stepped back.

Isaac bends down and my eyes follow him as he picks up my dress and hands it to me, "get ready we are late for dinner".

Within seconds my heart went from racing to feeling as it had been stomped on.

"I'll wait outside you have two minutes" just like that Isaac was his old self. As Isaac left the room i quickly put on the white dress i had tried to put on in what seemed like a lifetime ago, i found a pair of black strapped heels at the other side of my bed, put them on and walked over to the mirror.

I looked my self over quickly making sure my long wavy brown hair looked tidy, that my make up was still in place and that i looked smart enough to pull this off and walked over to the door. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

Isaac POV

Its harder to stay away from her, shes everywhere, shes in my house, in my head. I was filled with agonizing jealousy when i heard my brother in her room. Avery has always wanted what was mine it started when we were younger and once he found out i would be the next king he put so much distance between us and filled it with hate and bitterness. He wont touch her, brother or not i will kill him, she is mine! I'm trying to fight these feelings but its a losing battle, i try to make her hate me, but when she looked at me, when she dropped her dressed i couldn't help but stare and when i heard her heart race, when i could feel the lust in her veins burn the air, i had to touch her. If anyone ever saw the weakness she brings to me... i have too many enemies to let that happen, its best for both of us to stay apart, i'm not meant to have a mate, last time i thought i had found her the poor girl was killed, i gave up the thought of her being real a long time ago, plus shes already said she feels nothing for me this is all just a game to her and the prize is her life.

As always if you liked the story please vote and if you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them, thanks.