Prologue:

It's the first day of senior year. Should be the best year for everybody, right? Wrong. When you're known as the town reject, you can pretty much bet it's going to be a shitty year. So, as I woke up on this oh so magnificent morning, I wasn't quite feeling that "refreshed and ready to go" vibe.

While getting dressed, I suddenly felt this overwhelming feeling to vomit. Don't get me wrong, I'm not that nervous about school. Yeah, nobody likes me but I've been dealing with that for the past four years, so I'm sure you can sensemy confusion when I end up making a mad dash to the toilet. Basically, it goes like this: I dry heave for maybe eight minutes before I realize there's really nothing wrong with me, except for the simple fact that it's my senior year and I still only have one friend. Thinking about it, I come to the conclusion that, while it's sad to have only one friend throughout all my years of living so far, I might as well have at least three. Trust me, this girl is all kinds of crazy, it takes about as much energy to deal with her as it would five girls.

Check yes Juliet, are you with me? Rain is falling dow-. Awe, speaking of the devil, there she is now.

"Hello, she-devil" I say as I answer my phone.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!" she screams back, as if I said someth- oh shit.

"Sorry, alie-bear, I thought you were someone else. I swear I didn't mean it. Please forgive me?" I say in the sweetest voice possible to convince her I totally wasn't directing that toward her (though technically I knew who I was talking to).

"Fine boo, I'll let it slide this time... again." She sighs 'again'. "So ya want a ride to school or what? Get your lazy ass down here, fool!" she giggles as I rush to get down stairs, afraid she'll leave me for that earlier slip up.

"Bye mom, love you!" I'm yelling as I run outside to hear loud and obnoxious honks and see a very hyper Alison Talia.

"What's up, sugar plum?" she asks as I'm climbing into the passenger seat.

After kissing her on the cheek, I respond with, "nothing outa the ordinary. Ya know, the usual first morning of school routine." While I strap in my seatbelt, I realize, this is all real. I'm really going to school. After a whole summer of doing nothing but lying in bed watching T.V., I must go to school and learn something that I will probably never use.

"Well that's not very fun" she pouts as if it will change the fact that I'm a loser. "Cheer up, Pierce. It's our senior year! Get pumped, 'cause this is our year and it will be the best yet, you'll see. We'll have some crazy times this year. Our schedules will be full, what with parties, school work, collage apps, and most importantly, love. Now, you'd better be ready for this shit because we're here."

Oh shit, now I'm definitely going to throw up. Just the pure thought of love has my brain surging. How could it not? I mean here I am, gay-in the closet non-the-less-with the biggest crush on the school's known homophobic asshole. Let me just tell you, unless a miracle happens, me and love aren't really great friends at this moment.

All the same, I climbed out the car with Alie and headed towards my death, school, whilst we discussed the very important topic that love.

"Baby-boo, I know it's difficult to find love in your position, but just think, one day you'll have everything you could have ever dreamed of and more!" Alie said, causing me to groan and roll my eyes. Okay so, maybe I was completely a closeted gay, Alison Talia, the oh-so great and powerful, knows everything about me. Everything. All the way from what movies I love to who I love. It's quite difficult to keep any kind of secret from this great fireball of a girl. Sometimes that can be a bad thing, yes, but in the end it always somehow becomes such a great thing-being able to tell somebody everything and not getting judged, but instead, helped.

"Ali, babe, you don't get it. I'm in love with Axel fucking Wilkins, the all too well know hottest football player in the entire school." I say, noticing there's nobody close enough to hear our conversation. "He'll never love me; he probably won't even ever know my name. It's a hopeless dream, I've got, a never ending nightmare, having to see him all day wrapped around that bitches nasty finger. I mean seriously, who knows where that shit's been." I've become exasperated, thinking about the love I'll never have.

"Pierce, think about it, she's a bitch to everyone, do you think she acts any different towards him? Do you really, truly believe he's happy in that relationship? If you ask me, I don't think he's happy in the slightest. You've got a bigger, better heart than she'll ever have and that's what counts. You sir, can make that hunk happy, you just have to believe. I believe in you, what about you? Do you believe in yourself?"

"Look Als, I know you're trying to help and everything but look at me, then look at him. It'll never work between us, he's popular, I'm not. And let's not forget the fact that he's a complete homophobe. Did that slip your mind, somehow? Because it hasn't slipped mine, it never has in the last four years of knowing him. I'm gay, he automatically hates me simply because I bat for the same team, but somehow I've still managed to fall in love with him. Explain it to me, Alie, how come I've fallen for the one person I know could never love me the way I love him?"

Knowing it's a rhetorical question, alie just looks up at me in sympathy and gives me her best apologetic smile. I simply sigh and shake my head as we head off to class together.

~~*~~*~~*

A/N: over to the side is Pierce.