Bonus Chapter

These chapters were when Sally and Mater had their suspicions about Lightning McQueen.

Meet Bessie:

Mater stood by Lightning as he shouted out, "I am a famous racer!" Mater shook his head and stared at the frightened look on Lightning's face, "Your voice..." 

Lightning shook his head and mumbled something, but Mater acted like it didn't faze him, "That's okay, buddy. Everyone's voice goes high-pitched when screaming." But it was not okay to him.

"His voice sounded feminine. He also looks like he's going to pass out." Mater thought to himself.

"CUSTOMERS, EVERYBODY!" Sally shouted.

Mater sprinted away to Sally as everyone tried to talk to the folks in the van; however, they refused to stop. Mater glances at Lightning to see him collapse but manages to get back up.

"Sally..." Mater grabs her arm, "Yes, Mater?"

Mater leans towards Sally's ear, "Somethin' ain't right with Lightning. When I was talking with him his voice change."

Sally frowned, "What do you mean?"

Mater faces Lightning again as he angrily stomps his foot, "He sounded like a girl."

Turn Right To Go Left, and It Can't Be:

As Red sprayed Lightning with the hose, Sally was perplexed, Lightning's voice changed, and he tried to cover it up. Sally frowned, "He does sound like a girl." Sally paced back and forth in the office after offering Lightning a room at the motel. An idea formed in her head, "I'll take him to Wheel Well. See if he will talk to me alone."

Sally managed to bring Lightning to Wheel Well and scared the crap out of him by telling him that She and Mater knew Lightning was hiding something. Lightning was a good actor, and Sally had to give her credit for that. Ruby. Ruby Hudson. Once they returned from the drive, Sally saw Mater and told him Lightning's real name and who she's been searching for.

A New Customer and McQueen Has Been Found:

Mater was surprised to see Ruby standing next to him as she appeared out of nowhere. Ruby continued acting to sound like Lightning McQueen while she hung around everyone else.

"Mater!"

Mater was walking up to Flo's until he heard Ruby. Then, turning around, he noticed the nervous glint in her eyes. Mater took Ruby behind the back of Flo's cafe and waited for her to talk.

"Umm.."

Mater chuckled lightly and smiled, "Sally told me." Ruby glanced up at him in fear. Mater pushed her against the wall and slowly took the wig off. Mater's eyes widened as long, beautiful blonde hair fell to her shoulders, "Yer purty..." Mater leaned over Ruby's ear, and his lips brushed against it. He felt her shiver in his grasp, and he took a deep breath. Taking in her scent of strawberries and flowers. "Mmmh." Ruby pressed her head against his chest.

Later that night, Mater saved Ruby from Lizzie after she mouthed 'Help me' to him and Sally. She was causing them to chuckle slightly. Mater snuck around and saw Ruby managing to free her arm from Lizzie. Quickly as he could, Mater grabbed Ruby and flung her over his shoulders as she gasped, "Oh!" Mater chuckled and brought her over behind Luigi's store.

Once he set her on her feet, Mater stared into her eyes, pulling her close to his chest, desperately wanting to kiss her, but the Sheriff called him. Mater was surprised to see a swarm of paparazzi surround him seconds later after leaving Ruby. He searched for her in the crowd but couldn't find her.

"McQueen's leaving in the truck!" One of the camera operators shouted. Mater glanced over to see the truck with Ruby in it leave. His heart sank as he watched sadly.

"DID YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!?" Sally's voice rang out. The townsfolk glanced over to see Sally yell at Doc before walking to the motel. Mater stood watching the truck disappear as Doc walked up to him with a photo in his hand. "I didn't get to say goodbye to 'em." Mater mumbles before walking to his home in tears, "I love her." He whispered.

-------------------------------------------------------

After Sally and Mater know Lightning's secret, Doc convinces everyone to come with him to LA.

The following day, Doc pounds on Mater's door. Mater opens it up with tired eyes, "Doc?"

"Come on. I made a mistake and we're going after her." Doc stated before running to the rest of the townsfolk.

Everyone gathered around Doc, confused and annoyed.

"I made a mistake," He began, "I apologize to all of you. I understand if you are angry with me, but I realize now how important that hotrod was to everyone. Sally told me last night that Lightning McQueen is Ruby. My daughter. If you don't want to come with me that's fine. But I'm going to LA to help her win that race."

"I'm coming with you Doc." Mater announced, "I have feelings for her too." He crosses his arms confidently. Everyone else agreed as well. 

Sally, Red, and Lizzie turned to Doc, "We'll stay here and look after the town," Sally mentioned.

Doc nodded his head, "Let's go," And he grabbed his racing jacket, "Oh, and Mater," he turned to the young man, "If you like my daughter so much, I'm keeping my eye on you. No funny business now."

Mater saluted Doc before jumping in his truck with a grin. Then, everyone left the town as Sally, Red, and Lizzie waved goodbye.