California Race

No POV:

At the California race, many fans gathered together to watch the race. Bob and Darrell sat at the podium facing the cameras, "Hello, race fans. Welcome to what has become, quite simply, the biggest event in the history of racing. A three-way battle for the Piston Cup!" Bob greets.

"There's a crowd of nearly 200,000 people here at the Los Angeles International Speedway. Tickets to this race are hotter than a black leather seat on a hot summer day!" Darrell sat with his hands folded on the table, and his head turned to Bob.

"The King, Chick Hicks and Lightning McQueen in a 200 lap, winner-takes-all, tiebreaker race."

"I got a lotta miles on my car, but let me tell you somethin'. I never thought I'd see anything like this. This is exciting!"

"In fact, the country has almost shut down to watch what many experts are calling 'the race of the century.'" Bob reported.

The King talked to his wife and Junior and wished him luck at racing by the track.

Chick smirked as the cameras faced him, "Wanna know the forecast? I'll give you the forecast. A 100 percent chance of thunder! Ka-chicka! Ka-chicka! Say it with me! Ka-chicka! Ka-chicka!"

However, Lightning locked himself in the trailer, "Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed." He took a deep breath and pictured the cars racing on the track, "Victory. One winner, two losers. Speed. Speed. Speed. Speed..." Then, Lightning's mind drifted to Radiator Springs and everyone standing there in front of him smiling.

BANG! BANG!

Lightning jumped and opened his eyes.

"Lightnin'! You ready?" Mack's voice called out.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! I'm ready." Lightning gasped and opened the trailer door.

There was chattering from the reporters and racers that came to see the race.

"Hey, kid!"

Lightning turned his head to see The King standing behind him, "Oh! Mr. The King!" Lightning stuttered. The King walked up to him and rested his hand on his shoulder, "You're ready to race?"

The question threw off Lightning, "O-oh, yeah I'm ready." His voice cracked.

Strip Weathers was no fool and pulled Lightning inside the trailer to speak privately, "Kid, you know that I'm not a fool?"

"I know you're not a fool."

"Then why hide your true self?"

Lightning blinked.

"You're real name is Ruby Hudson. Am I wrong?"

Lightning's face turned ashen white. His lips trembled and began to shake uncontrollably.

That was the answer The King only needed, "I searched up the racer you've been looking for, and not only was he the Fabulous Hudson Hornet, but your father as well."

Lightning felt his legs weaken under the calm stare that The King gave.

"Please... please don't tell anyone." Ruby's voice crawled out of Lightning McQueen's lips. She begged, "Please!"

The King gently wrapped his arms around the frightened girl, "You had a reason for doing this, Ruby. I won't tell anyone," Ruby gave a shaky smile to him, "However," He continues, "You have to tell the truth soon. You can't continue being someone you're not."

Ruby nodded her head, and they both left the trailer. Ruby was still shaking as she made her way toward Mack, "Mack, thanks for being my pit crew today."