₍ᐢ‥ᐢ₎◞ Rice Cakes˚. ⊹

Start from the beginning

"Okay, okay." Belfast places the knife down and turns towards Formidable. "What is it that you need aid with?" Belfast asks kindly, hiding the smirk that tempts her lips. Formidable moves from her gloves to the edges of her skirt to fidget with.

"I want to make the commander a bento box..." Formidable tries to hide her shyness, but ultimately chirps out the words.

"As the head maid, I am the one to make lunches so no girls see a bias towards the commander. Apologies," Belfast goes to turn and resume the meal prep, but Formidable quickly takes a step forward—a hand on her chest.

"I want to help the commander! Not to get on their good side, but rather because..." Formidable looks down to her feet and a gloss shines over her eyes. "They have been having a hard time lately, and I want to help them! In any way I can." Formidable watches Belfast's face turn to a grin. "I know it's unlike a lady, but it's true! I see the commander work so hard without much in return. I really just want to relieve any stress that I can..." Formidable keeps her hand on her heart while gripping onto a piece of cloth. Belfast watches the genuine words spill out of the lady's lips. She took a second of deep thought.

Belfast shakes her head. "I suppose a maid must listen to the lady, after all." Belfast shifts into her dress while standing directly in front of Formidable. "I'll help you Miss." Formidable lifts her head and gazes into the other's eyes with excitement. "However." Formidable's face sunk with the conditions that Belfast was about to prepare for her. "You'll be cooking upon my own terms, understood?" Belfast holds a pinky out. Formidable looks confused at the extended digit.

"What is this?" Formidable asks while holding out her own pinky.

"A promise. A special kind that you can't break. Much like a contract," Belfast (man)'splains while watching Formidable's face turns into more confusion. Although hesitant, Formidable touched pinkies with Belfast. Belfast giggles at her as she wraps her finger around hers.

"A-Ah, what a weird contract," Formidable turns her pinky with Belfast's, still bluntly confused.

"It's okay, miss, needn't to worry." Belfast pulled the two apart; she took a few steps towards a counter filled with vegetables.

୧・┈┈┈・୨𓋼𓍊୧・┈┈┈・୨

You were in your office tapping into data boards and checking the total funds that's accumulated over the two weeks. You glance at the mahogany door, feeling as though something is wrong. You turn your head to the grand clock above the fireplace. You grimace at it, trying to get a better look (not like you can read roman numerals anyways). You give up and end up looking at your watch. 1:47 PM. Belfast was 17 minutes late, very unlike her. You brush it off, assuming lunch probably took a little more time than usual.

Continuing your work, the hour hand hit 2:00 PM. A sinking feel shifted through your chest and swirled into your stomach. Anxiety pushed through your ears and forehead. You stand up. You shove a hand against your desk to give yourself a push through your door. A piece of paper flies off. You quickly rush out of your room and push yourself through the hallways. The red color of the walls flew past your peripherals. All of a sudden this place felt like a maze with how many turns you made.

You finally end up in the dining area. You bend over, hands on thighs. Your lungs felt like they were failing. Trying to catch your breath, you look up at a ribboned cat eared ship with purple bluish hair. A vibrant blue-green strip flows through her bangs. Her dress was opened to show her white stockings draped with a purple apron.

"Owner? Is that really you?" Cheshire purses her lips as you raise your head to meet her gaze. "You usually don't come out of the office unless it's an emergencyyyy!" Cheshire drags out her words as she sways her hips. You let out a final deep sigh before placing your hand on top of her head.