Ayana grimaces at the desperateness in Esther's voice. She has never seen Esther like this before- not even when Freya got taken away.

"The spirits will not give us a way, Esther. Your boy is gone." Ayana informs in a shaky voice.

Oh, how she wishes there was a way to save this sweet innocent child.

Esther stays quiet for a moment as Ayana's words begin to sink in.

"No."

Denial takes residence in her heart.

"No."

Not her sweet baby boy.

"No!"

She touches him once, then twice.

"No!" Esther sobs, holding onto Henrik wherever she can.

Rebekah hovers above Niklaus, rubbing his head as she lets out quiet sobs. Never in her life had she expected this to happen, and now that it did, she feels crushed.

Kol and Finn stay off to the side; sadness and confusion heavy in their heart.

Had it not been just yesterday that Henrik was with them; laughing and playing like he would be alive forever?

Elijah sits near his mother, offering any comfort he can give while trying desperately to comprehend what's right in front of him.

Mikael stands in place, staring at the scene before him in shock. Anger and bitterness fill his heart; another child is dead. Another child he had failed to protect. His eyes land on Esther, and the blood in his veins run cold. How long will he continue to cause her pain?

She had lost her sister because of him, and now she's losing her second child. None of this would have happened had he not fallen in love with her and she with him.

He became strong for her, for all of them, and yet it's still not enough.

Balling his fists, Mikael makes his way to them; each step is careful and precise.

"Move," Mikael commands.

Elijah looks up and freezes; he had never seen sadness in his Father's eyes before. He hadn't thought Mikael was capable of feeling sad. Swallowing thickly, Elijah gives his father a quick nod and leaves his mother's side.

Mikael kneels in front of Esther before hesitantly pulling her into his arms. For a moment, Esther goes quiet. She opens her mouth, but nothing seems to come out; the words too heavy to speak.

"I know, my love, I know."

Esther only sobs harder at his words.

They stay like that for a while, all of them, until Ayana gets them to go home. They would bury Henrik's body at night.

They sit at the table in silence, too heavy with grief to hold a conversation. At least until Mikael can't take it anymore.

"How did this happen, boy?"

"Mikael-" Esther begins, her voice weak.

Rebekah blocks the conversation out, her eyes glancing towards the empty seat. A frown makes its way onto her face.

Elena hasn't been gone this whole time...

Has she?

Tatia knocks on the door, a frown visible on her face.

Why do I have to be the one who tells them?

The door swings open leaving waves of sadness in its wake- threatening to swallow her whole.

"Tatia?"

Confusion fills her as she looks at the man before her.

His face is so full of despair. It almost hurt to look at him.

"What is wrong-"

She shakes her head.

I need to stay focused.

"I- I need to speak to your parents, it is important."

Elijah only stares at her.

"Did you hear me?"

Silence greets her once more.

Tatia ignores the concern that fills her heart and pushes past him. Plunging herself into the darkness of Mikael's home.

"Hello?" She calls out, carefully putting one foot in front of the other.

"Why are you here?" A voice asks.

Tatia instantly recognizes it as Esther's, but she didn't quite sound like herself. She quickly turns to face where the sound came from.

"Something has happened-"

"Can't you let us mourn in peace?" Rebekah snaps.

"Mourn?" Tatia repeats, confused.

"Yes, you idiot-"

"Rebekah that is enough," Esther says sternly.

Light fills the home in an instant, taking Tatia by surprise. She has always known of the witches in this village, she had been told by Elijah himself, but she had never seen magic firsthand.

"Apologies, I reckon you couldn't possibly enjoy speaking in the dark."

Tatia looks at the table in shock; have they all been sitting there this whole time? They all share similar expressions, even Elijah, who still stood at the door.

She wonders if Henrick had gone to bed, it was rather late and he did tire easily.

"Why have you come here?" Esther asks again.

"It's your daughter, Elena, she has been attacked by the wolves."

"No," Niklaus says so quietly Tatia almost misses it.

"Lilith and I- we found her in the woods. We did not know it was her, there was blood and scratches all over her face-"

Mikael stands abruptly, appearing before her in an instant.

"You're lying!"

Tatia's eyes widen, fear crawling into her heart.

"Father, she has no reason to lie!" Elijah yells.

Mikael turns to him, rage in his eyes.

"You-"

"He's right, Mikael, the girl is telling the truth," Esther admits, her voice breaking.

Mikael goes frighteningly still.

"Take us to her."

It isn't a request, but Tatia complies all the same.