Chapter 4: Graduation and after party

Ranboo's P.O.V

After all our classes the seniors meet up in the large gym for graduation. A few minutes after everyone got their diplomas people were driving themselves home.

"Hey Boo." A small boy said.

"Ya, what's up?" I replied.

"Uh ... can you give me a ride home? My dad is busy and I don't have a car." Tubbo asked.

"Sure I don't mind." I responded.

"Thank you." He whispered.

Once he got in my car and buckled up he turned on the radio. Was there something he wanted to hear? The only thing other than music that's going to be on is a message from the president.

We have turned three time before he changed the channel. Did he just want to hear music?

"What's your favorite genre?" I asked.

"What?" Tubbo asked in response.

"What is your favorite genre of music?" I asked again.

"Oh ... I'm more into popular music. You?" He said.

"The same song on repeat for 10 hours." I said which made him giggle a little bit.

After his little laughing fit I pulled up on the side of the road near his house.

"Well this is your stop. I'll see you at the party." I said as he unbundled himself.

"Thanks again Boo." He said as he embraced me in a tight hug.

"No problem and if you need a ride home after the party-" I said as he cut me off.

"I know I'll ask you." He said as he walked back to his house.

I noticed that he was smiling as he walked past. This made me smile a little to see how happy he was. After a while I was back at my place. I changed into the suit I had.

I got the necktie on and my phone started vibrating on my nightstand. I wonder who that is?

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey buddy." I heard Tommy's voice say.

"What do you want Tommy?" I asked.

"Bold of you to assume I want something." He replied.

"Every time you call me, you need something. So I asking what it is in advance." I said.

"Alright you caught me. I need you to spend the night at the party with Tubbo." He replied.

"Are you hooking us up?" I asked.

"NO!" He screamed.

"Really because you sent me his number and now your asking me to be his plus one." I replied.

"Well when you put it that way then it does sound like that. But if you really want to believe me then call Tubbo. He asked me to ask you." Tommy explained.

"Why?" I asked trying to extend the call.

"He is socially awkward." Tommy answered.

I didn't hang up on Tommy just because I could. I then made another call.

"Hey Boo. Need something?" Tubbo asked.

"Ya just give me a minute." I said as I merged the calls.

"Okay I need to ask you something Tubbo." I said.

"Okay what is it?" He asked.

"Tommy, you said that Tubbo wanted you to call me because he was too shy to do it himself. Tubbo please clarify if this is correct." I said.

"Stop exposing me man." Tommy complained.

"Yes I did ask that of Tommy. I didn't think it would make a problem. Also hi Tommy." Tubbo replied.

"Alright I didn't think he was telling the truth. I'm sorry Tommy. Also Tubbo I'll go with you as long as we're going as friends." I said.

"Really? Thank you see you guys soon." Tubbo said as he hung up the phone.

Now it was just me and Tommy.

"That was really nice of you man." He said.

"I just don't want to see him cry." I replied.

"Ya neither do I. I guess I'll see you soon." Tommy said.

"Ya by for now." I replied

I finished getting ready and headed out the door. I drove to the school for the after party. I waited in the car for a little bit when I arrived.

After a bit of waiting I got out and walked towards the entrance. I managed to get to the school when I heard someone.

"Boo!" They called out.

I jumped a little from how sudden it was.

"Boo you idiot it's me!" They said again.

This time I recognize the voice to be Tubbo's.

"Hey Tubbo. You scared me a little." I said as I turned around.

"Hi Boo. Sorry about the scare." He said as he hugged me.

"Come on." I said as I lead him through the door.

He let me lead him for a little bit before he stopped.

"Hey I wanna show you something." He said as he redirected me off my current path.

He dragged me up a couple flights of stairs. After a lot of stairs later he was at his destination. He motioned me to follow him as he let go of me and opened a set of doors. I didn't know that these doors even existed.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"The schools balcony on the top floor." He replied.

We stood at the railing of the balcony and looked out.

"This really is a great scene." I whispered in disbelief.

"I know. I'm the only one who knew about until now." He said.

We stood there for a little just to enjoy the view. The moonlight brushed the tops of the buildings. And streetlamps lit up the ground.

I felt Tubbo's hand brush mine. I turned my head towards his and we looked eyes. I started to get a strange feeling in my chest.

"Nothing could ruin this moment." Tubbo whispered.

I nodded in response. We stood a little longer just there in the moment with our fingers interlocked.

"Are you sure it's this way?" A unfamiliar female voice said.

"I'm positive it's this way." A male voice said.

"That voice ... it belongs to Jacob." Tubbo whispered.

He was right.

"Maybe if we're quite enough they will walk past us." I whispered back.

We sat there as quite as possible to see if they would walk past. Then the door handles began to move and our worst nightmare came into view.