[3] More Than You Bargained For

Start from the beginning

"I see a clear path." Bucky said from his position next to YN. "I say we take it." YN frowned, shaking her head and trying to make a grab for Bucky's leather jacket.

"We're not assassins." Sam commented and YN rolled her eyes in frustration, the two boys' bickering already getting on her nerves.

"I'll see you inside," Bucky returned, his features settling into a stiff scowl. "Or not."

"Way to go, Sam." YN muttered, quickly following Bucky as they made their way down a hall. Noticing an open room, voices and movement catching the two super soldier's attention. "Alright, we're in."

"Therefore, way ahead of you." Bucky commented and YN pressed her lips together to stop an annoyed groan from escaping. "It's not great," YN looked over to the group packing packages, a lot bigger than one average human could expect to carry. "But it's doable."

"Huh?" YN jumped, spinning to face Sam who smirked at her. "Hey, princess."

"Hello." Bucky grumbled making YN and Sam swap an amused glance. "How are you?"

"Good, what did I miss? Nothing." YN ignored them as she focused on the man lifting a large crate, which would be easy for her but should have required some heavy machinery for the man who seemed to be carrying it with ease.

"Let's go." YN grabbed Bucky's arm, shaking her head as she continued to watch in fascination. "What? I have a Vibranium arm, I can take them."

"And I can fly, who gives a shit?" Sam muttered, leaning over YN's body slightly, the length of his body pressing against her back and making the woman swallow awkwardly. "I want to see where they're going."

"There's two people."

"You only see two?" Sam returned, messing around with the screen on his forearm, sending a wink YN's way when she peeked in fascination. "Redwing sees... ah, how many you seeing now, Buckaroo?"

"All right." Bucky scowled, turning back to the truck that indeed held more than two people. "So, they're strong, who cares? So are we." Bucky pointed to where YN was standing, frowning when Sam's eyes widened. Turning, Bucky let out a string of curse words when he noticed the empty space, the woman slinking closer on top of the shelves, eerily quiet.

"She needs a bell." Sam muttered, watching as she got close enough to peek inside the truck.

"There's an eighth person," YN said, her voice filtering through both men's comms. "Possibly a hostage."

The group suddenly started packing up, making YN and the two men to hang low, their eyes following each target as they got into the trucks, peeling off quickly.

"C'mon, ladies!" YN exclaimed, jumping from the shelf and sprinting behind the truck at an increasingly rapid pace. "Keep up, Barnes!"

"Shut it, miss, you're smaller!" YN chuckled, pushing off her back foot and throwing herself onto the back of the rear truck. "I'll get the hostage!"

YN nodded, heaving herself up onto the roof of the vehicle, rolling her neck as she watched three men also get to their feet atop the truck. YN chuckled, noticing their shocked faces at who they were standing across from. YN stretched her fingers and smirked.

"Three against one, seems fair to me." She grunted as she dodged a fist, twisting and sending her foot into the chest of her attacker, forcing him back and into his team mate. YN dropped and rolled away, swiping her baton from her belt and hitting another man in the chest with it, causing him to cough and splutter. She was getting to her feet when she heard Bucky in her ear.

"Found the hostage." YN went to respond when she heard a shout of frustration, looking behind her, she noticed a familiar looking metal appendage holding onto the truck roof behind her. Leaning down, she grabbed it with one arm, hoisting it up and tossing the body attached to it toward the group of men.

"Nice throw, YN!" YN chuckled at Sam's comment, shrugging as she watched Bucky throw his fist into a nose.

YN grunted as she was tackled from behind, her small body taking the weight of two large men. However, the knock barely shocked her, allowing her to roll under them and throw an elbow out, releasing a satisfied huff when it landed in the solar plexus of the guy holding her back.

YN looked up as she heard the sound of a helicopter close by, distracting her enough that she was taken down again, this time hitting her harshly and knocking the wind from her lungs. The bitter taste of blood filled her mouth as her jaw was knocked on the metal edge of the roof.

Rolling onto her back, she grappled with a woman, strength near matching YN's own. Throwing herself froward, YN headbutted the woman, startling her backwards and allowing YN to swing her legs up and around her opponent, switching their positions enough so YN could toss her off the roof and into the grass bed off the road.

"John Walker," YN turned, her eyes widening before they settled into a glare, turning her nose up at the outstretched hand. "Captain America-"

"I'm aware of who you think you are." YN said, moving past the blonde man with a sneer, rejoining the fight. "Leave while you still can, Walker, you don't belong here."

"Well, by the looks of it," John swung his shield and YN was tempted to retract her hand and collect it as he came hurtling back toward him. "You need some help.

YN rolled her eyes, kicking an incoming man and throwing her baton at another head. She looked around the roofs of the two trucks, frowning when she couldn't see either of her team mates. Panicking, YN didn't notice the smaller woman approach her until it was too late.

Grunting, YN hit the deck, catching a fist in her palm and pushing it back to the attackers face as she tried to gain back the upper hand. The woman on top of her was strong but YN was both stronger and smarter as she waited for the perfect moment to let out a cry of frustration, retracting her hand and wrapping it around her baton and swinging it at the red heads face.

The woman dodged it as YN had hoped so she used the distraction to push backwards, flipping over the side of the truck and slid down until her feet landed on the bar near the tyres. Looking up, she watched the red heads mask come off, staring in shock as she locked eyes a teenage girl.

YN didn't wait for the girl to gain the upper hand again so she jumped down and rolled through the grass, wincing as her body shook with the crash landing.

Getting to her feet, YN limped toward where she saw Bucky and Sam roll through the grass with their won rough exit. "If you two are done... doing whatever you're doing, we have a problem."