Nang tumahimik siya ay inabala ako ni Alessia. The girl is full of wit and great humor. She never failed to make me grin and laugh. Alessia is fine beautiful lady. There's no wonder why she is called 'the princess of Sandovals'. She's a gem.

We were eating dessert when tita Trina bought the main topic. If I haven't trained well I've already- probably, spit the wine I was drinking at the time.

"Ailia, about the marriage-"

"Hon, you don't say it like that! Binibigla mo-bakit bigla mong sinabi? Sana naman..." Tito Alfredo slapped his forehead. My hands are shaking slightly while I bought the glass of water on my lips. Dahan-dahan ko iyong pinatong sa mesa.

"I was just excited. You can't blame me. But, I'm sorry, hija, kung nabigla man kita. Hindi ko talaga mapigilan ang bibig ko." She sigh.

"Are you okay, hija? Did it make you tense? Nervous? Uncomfortable? Jesus, you don't say things like that suddenly, hon!" Tita Trina looks guilty. Ngumiti ito ng nagpapaumanhin sa akin. I can't help but to smile back to ease her.

"It's okay, tito." They all looked at me. "Mama told and discussed it with me.. before she left." They all got silent. Ilang sandali pa ay napatingin ako kay Liel-it was his nickname... I gave that to him, many years ago.

I can't pronounce the 'r' correctly, so it was 'l'. Briar was Bliel and because I wanted it to be more easy to pronounce, Bliel became Liel. It was ley-ayl.

When I looked at him, he was already looking at me. His eyes and face held no emotions. I can't read him. Siguro ay alam niya nang hindi ako tumutol. He must be thinking about the possibilities why I didn't disagree or why did I agreed.

I expected the worse.

"Oh, about that. Siguro ay nasabi niya na ring sa buwan ng Septembre ang inyong kasal." Agad akong napatingin kay tita habang halos magsalubong ang aking mga kilay.

"Sorry, did you say September? Like next month? Next month?" I lost my composure when my mind finished processing it. Halos tumayo ako. Hindi ako bingi. Malinaw na malinaw ang pandinig ko. It was clear. She stated September. Hindi ako dapat magkamali.

"Didn't... Didn't she said it?" She stammered. Lumukot lalo ang mukha ko at napahinga ako ng malalim at napasandal sa upuan. I totally lost my composure. "Oh, God. Ailia.."

"She never mentioned it. Well, we only talked about it once, it was the time before she left me... Mama didn't.." I massage the area between my brows. I'm feeling pressured and in shock. Hindi ko naisip na ganito ka aga. "Hindi po ba... napakaaga yata?"

"Hija, you and Briar are not getting younger. He is thirty-one and you are almost twenty-eight. Isa pa ay para mabigyan niyo agad ako ng mga apo-"

"Trina!"

"Mom!"

Tila hihimatayin ako.

"A-apo? Mga? Mga apo?" I asked. Did she say it? What? She want grandchildren? Many. Take a deep breath. Inhale. Exhale. Repeat. Calm down.

I was catching my breath when I found him staring at me. And I just lost it again. Nanlamig ako bigla. Para akong mahihimatay. He said nothing when tita said those words. He was silent, but cunning. I know him.

"You are making her uncomfortable! I told you, you don't say things like that suddenly! Binibigla mo ang mga bata!" Tito Alfredo looks stressed and pale.

"Like I said, they are not getting younger! Don't you like to have little Briar and little Ailia around? Running? Because I want! You, young lady!"

"Me? What? Ah-of course I do! I would love to! I want nieces! Besides, I love babies! And you'll be a grandma, isn't that great? Dagdag sa mga proweba na tumatanda ka-"