Chapter Nine: Candor or Dauntless?

Beginne am Anfang

When Four turns round, he smugly looks at Uriah looks very shocked that he actually did his dare. "Will Candor or Dauntless?" Four says to him.

"Candor!" he says which surprises everyone.

"Ok hmmmmmm what annoys you about Christina the most"

"How she can always tell when I'm lying, that's really annoying!" He blurts out, Christina hits him and laughs "It's an advantage on my behalf".

"Ok this isn't interesting enough, everyone take off an item of clothing" Lynn laughs.

Everyone complies, I take off my socks along with the rest of the girls the boys are topless. I lean my head on Tobias's broad muscular shoulders I feel his warmth start to radiate through my cold body. I don't know why I'm shivering now. Tobias notices and pulls me close to his bare chest and puts his arms around me. The pain in my head comes back in searing jabs. I wince.

"Baby is it your head, is it hurting again?" he whispers. I nod into his chest, clutching his shoulders. The game is continuing but I can't hear over the pain in my head. I feel Tobias stand up and pull me with him, we walk over to Uriah's kitchen. 

"The others have just gone over to watch Marlene draw on Eric's door" Tobias chuckles. I stumble up on of the steps and I put my hands out infront of me stop me hitting my head. I hit the ground with a thud. My vision goes hazy and the room starts spinning. I see Tobias's shoes run over to me. I feel him pick me up under my arms. He puts me on my feet but I just fall down again because my legs feel like jelly. I hear him swear "Shit Tris I am sorry! Are you ok?".

He puts an arm under my shoulders blades and another under my knees and lifts. "I hate to see you like this and know that I caused this" He sighs. I go limp in his arms.

"Can I have a glass of water and one of those painkillers I feel I might pass out" I say "I can't move anything, it feels like my whole body is being weighed down".

"Ok let me just put you on the sofa and I will get you some water but you can't have another one of those pills for a while because they are really strong." He softly.

"Tobias..... I feel like I am being frozen but I am sweating" I shiver I can feel the sweat on my forehead, I lift my heavy arm and wipe it off with the back of my sleeve.

"I think you have an infection or your having a bad reaction to these drugs" He says to me but all I can see is a blurry blob. He lifts my head and gently tips some ice cold water down my throat.

"How long will the others be?" I whisper. I am shivering violently now. Tobias quickly grabs the blanket on the arm of the sofa and wraps it round me.

"They will be a while because they need to disable the cameras and things like that so Marlene doesn't get caught." He replies softly.

"Can you sit with me I'm cold" I say shivering violently.

"Of course baby" He says looking worried. He stands up and gently helps me sit up. He sits down with his legs outstretched on the couch. I am sitting inbetween his legs and lean back onto his chest. He drapes his arms round me and hugs me close. 

"Jesus Tris your freezing!" He pulls me closer, his warm body is doing nothing to subdue my violent shivering. He pulls the blanket up to my chin and wraps it round me so no warm air escapes. "You should still be in hospital! I think these painkillers a revoking a allergic reaction or something worse" he says but he sounds so distant, like he is miles away. 

The door opens and the others barge in cheering and laughing. I grab my head in an attempt to reduce the pain. The pain is so intense that I feel a tear roll down my cheeks. Tobias notices this and gently rocks me and strokes my head.