Chapter 16

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Tae's POV

I tossed my phone on my couch after sending my last text to PP.

I fought back the feeling of disappointment. I had been so looking forward to having dinner with PP.

For some reason PP reminded me of Tee. Maybe that was why I felt an instant attraction to PP. Maybe I was not yet over Tee.

I shook my head to dismiss the thought. Best not to dwell over Tee.

With a downcast spirit, I took out a frozen TV dinner from my fridge. I lost all energy to cook stir fried beef broccoli.

I placed the frozen TV dinner of baked ziti inside the microwave to thaw.

When the microwave dinged I took the ziti out, careful not to get my fingers burned by the heat. Then I opened one of my kitchen cabinets where I stored some plastic utensils which I used whenever I had TV dinners instead of a proper sit down dinner at the table.

I settled on the couch with my TV dinner and looked around for my TV remote. Where the hell was it. It wasn't on my couch and it wasn't on my coffee table.

Then suddenly I remembered. I had picked up the remote from the couch after I had tossed my phone on it and then I was still holding on to the remote when I went to get the TV dinner from my fridge. I had set it down on the dining table before going to open the freezer.

I shook my head once more. I was starting to get scatterbrained. All because of Tee. Wait did my brain say Tee. I meant to say PP.  What the hell was wrong with my brain.

I set my TV dinner down on my coffee table and stood up to fetch the remote from the dining table.

Soon I was watching the evening news.

Same old lousy depressing disturbing crap. I didn't want to hear any more of it.

I was about to turn my TV off with the intention of listening to music instead while eating when suddenly a close up image of Tee came on the screen. What the hell.

Then I realized it was an ad for his newest branch of clothing factory just outside the city. The ad was inviting people to buy the newest batch of imported fabric for their tailoring needs.

I tried to ignore it but my heart skipped a beat upon seeing Tee's handsome face on my screen. At the same time I felt a sudden surge of pain strike my chest. I still loved him but we were not meant to be. There was too much opposition. His father was a powerful man. He could easily hire someone to put me away for good if I insisted on being with Tee.

Then something occurred to me. I did not have to be physically with Tee. I could at least talk to him on the phone or even just text him.

With a fast beating heart, I grabbed my phone. His contact number was of course on my phone. I had never deleted him from my list of contacts.

Hey, congrats on your business expansion

I hesitated just a fraction of a second before tapping on Send.

I went back to my TV dinner but found out that I could not bring a forkful of it into my mouth.