When we were young

𖧷 ⠿ 𖧷

Camilo felt the other side of the bed empty and cold, causing him to sit up. She was nowhere to be found in the room. He shrugged and went towards the kitchen to ask his family if they'd seen her, but alas, they haven't.

He began to panic and searched room by room and was stopped by Dolores. " She's perfectly fine hermano. " she says and pointed towards Y/n, Miguel, and Señor Herrera having a conversation outside.

He watched how she laughed and smiled at him, causing wrath to rise to his chest and walk away. Miguel frightened him. He made him anxious, he made him feel like he was nothing compared to a pretty boy like him.

Judging by Y/n's smile earlier, he even doubted if he can ever make her happy and maybe Sofia was right, he's nothing but a shape-shifter and a shadow. All these thoughts made it impossible for him to not cry. He punched his chest, it hurt him so much. So much more than how Sofia hurt him.

It made him jump to conclusions and impulsive decisions.

" So, when will you two get back to the city? " Y/n's father asks and looked at Miguel in anticipation. They'd been discussing about their companies too much that they grew excited to commence with the new plans.

" Tomorrow tío, my secretary says it's been a hassle to handle the company with my absence. " Miguel answers proudly and Y/n's father clapped in amusement. " You're coming right, Y/n? " he asked her whose mind was elsewhere.

" Oh, I don't know. I'm actually planning on staying. I have to make it up to Camilo. " she pursed her lips and shrugged, she's determined to actually leave her life back in the city to start a new one with him. She isn't planning on leaving anytime soon.

" Really? It'd be a shame, Y/n. There are so many opportunities. " It did tempt her but she shook it off, leaving both men disappointed. " Think about it deeply hija. " her father advised her, hoping she'd change her mind.

" I already made my decision, pa. I'll stay here- "

" NO, you haven't. Camilo would understand. " he cut her off, maybe asking for Camilo's opinion might help her.

She tried to approach Camilo, but every time she tries, he avoids her and it started making her frustrated. " Camilo seriously, what's your problem? " she gripped on his sleeve before he could walk away, he wasn't wearing the ruana she made him and it made the situation worse.

" Oh, now you wanna know. " he says with a cold tone, Y/n merely scoffed and crossed her hands. Camilo was about to speak when Miguel called for her and she immediately turned around. He huffed. " You know what? go. " 

" What? " Y/n turned her attention back to him who was leaving. " Camilo, come on let's talk. " she chased him, he yanked her hand away when she tried to grab his wrist. " you're busy, he's waiting. " he growled, he was getting frustrated.

" Camilo Madrigal, if this is about Miguel- " she attempted to lean in for a hug but Camilo pushed her away, making her groan by the sudden pain on her chest. " I don't want to hear another word from you. In fact, I don't want you to talk to me, ever. " 

" Amor, you don't mean that. " her voice cracked. " I meant every word I said. Oh and please, leave. I don't want to see your face ever again. "  His words felt like a series of daggers piercing her one by one. Her heart was pounding. Worse, as she stood there watching him walk away, she couldn't help but cry in anguish. He was didn't listen.

" Cami... "

" Y/n? " Miguel asks in surprise to see Y/n approach him at the train station. Her eyes were puffy red and sank, she looked like she never slept and she kept sniffling. 

" I'm coming with you. "