Chapter 3

Maya hadn't spoken to me in three weeks. Which was fine with me, honestly. Daniel had spoken to the pack about mistreating the omegas and let's just say it didn't go over well. Of course the people who hated me hated me even more and the people who had been unsure of me had decided it was ok to hate me. School was boring and I usually hung out with Kayla, Jessica, Henry, and Lucas. Of course the girl I had threatened to kill glared at me from far away but made no move to come near me. I didn't know how much longer I could live in the pack. I hated having to tolerate everyone's attitude towards me and I shook my head. One thing was for sure though. I had definitely learned some sort of patience. I mean I hadn't killed anyone yet so I guess that was good.

"We're going shopping." It was the first time Maya had spoken to me since I semi challenged Daniel and I shrugged.

"For what."

"We've been invited to the Royal ball. Only Alpha's and betas are invited from every pack. Since technically you're from Alpha lineage you have to attend." She murmurs. I nod my head, not wanting to argue. I could tell that Daniel had been having a hard time trying to make everyone follow the new rule I had made him enforce so this was something I guess I could do.  I nod my head and agree to go to a little bouquet ten minutes away from school. I look around the dresses quickly picking out a white one with a black intricate lace design on it. It was long and sleeveless, elegant and sleek. I loved it. I grabbed it off the hanger and proceeded to grab some black heels. I waited patiently for Maya while I paid for my things and sighed in relief when she was done. We didn't say a word to each other on the way home and I rapidly get out of the car as she parks it. I grab my dress and take it to my room. I had finally moved out of the guest room and into the room me and Maya had painted and I loved it. I hung the dress in the closet and put the heels right under it. A soft knock on the door catches my attention and I open it.

"We need to talk." It was Daniel.

"As you know the ball is this Saturday. Our flight is tomorrow morning and I expect you to be ready. There are a few things I must let you know first. When we go to the ball you must always bow in respect to any royal werewolf. You should never stare into their eyes for too long and you should never speak to them in any disrespectful manner. If they ask you to dance with them you accept. Never reject or turn away any gift or offer they present to you."

"Ok." I say nodding. He gives me a quick smile and leaves, shutting my door behind him. After I'm sure he has left I grab my pillow and scream in it. Going to the ball would be like walking on eggshells and I sure as hell didn't want to do that. Holy fuck how was I going to survive. I angrily stomp around and turn on my stereo blasting up rock music and grabbing my suitcase from the corner I stuff in some jeans and t-shirts along with some shoes. I pack up my dress and heels last, not wanting to completely ruin them. It was currently a Thursday night and although I wish I had a good enough excuse to miss the stupid ball I didn't. Which left me no choice. I take a quick shower before getting into bed and I quickly dose off.

*****************

I groan as my alarm clock goes off and I grudgingly get out of bed. My hair was still a little damp from the night before so I quickly blow dry it. I slip on some black yoga pants and a t-shirt along with some black sneakers and I let my long black hair hang loose. The ball was being held somewhere in England, in a tiny little town I had never heard of. We were staying in a hotel nearby and although I knew I had to go to the ball I was hoping that I could make an early escape. I grabbed my suitcase from the floor and bring it down nearly laughing as I see Maya struggling to carry three large suitcases. Which I was assuming were hers. Why the hell did she need so many suitcases for? We were only going to be gone for three days. We moved silently as we arranged the suitcases and got into the car. I smile as I see the airport come to view wishing I could take the fastest flight home, but my aunt would probably kill me and my brother would be pissed.  The flight was five tortuous hours long. I slept for half of it and the rest I just looked out of the window in a haze. When I felt the plane descending I sat up straighter. My bones yearning to be free from the stiff position I had been in. We piled out of the plane grabbing our suitcases from the belt outside and we slowly got out into a large parking lot. I stiffened as I realized that the airport was swarming with different scents. All werewolf. I looked around my eyes wandering as I studied the men and women around me.