Chapter 2

"Wake up!" The moment Maya's voice screeched in my ear I bolted up.

"What the hell" I screamed frowning as her body shook with laughter.

"We have to get ready for school." She chuckled, closing the door to the room and telling me to hurry. I reluctantly make myself get up and take a quick shower, throwing on some muscle tee and jeans. I hurry downstairs as I hear the faint sound of an engine and hurry to get in the passenger seat.

"I wasn't going to leave you." Maya says as she sees me panting.

"I'm sure you weren't" I grunt. She shrugs and starts to drive off. I sigh as we drive past trees and some buildings. Man I missed New York.

"So Daniel made sure we got pretty much the exact schedule so I could show you around." She says as she parks in front of a large building. I nod my head and turn to look at her.

"Do they know who I am?" I nod my head towards the people staring and me through the glass window of the car and she smiles.

"Yea but most of them well they don't think you should be here." She whispers the last part and I frown.

"Why not?" I ask curiously.

"Well they kind of view you as a traitor. Like you're ashamed to be a wolf." She says frowning.

"Why? Because I lived with humans instead of wolves? That's really no one's damn business but mine." I grunt opening the door and getting out of the car. I feel everyone's eyes on me and I ignore them, pushing my way into the building with Maya right behind me.

"Storm wait up!" Maya whisper screams as I go into the office. I wait a few seconds for Maya to catch up and when I feel she's close enough I open the door. I feel everyone turn to look at me and I smirk as I see them staring at my tattoos.

"We just came to get our schedules." Mayas voice is curt, professional. I frown at her change in character and grab my schedule as she hands it to me. She keeps her head held high and she exits and I follow. I see people bow their heads respectfully as she walks by and I resist the urge to scoff. I can see people glaring at me and a smile makes its way onto my face. It wasn't until lunchtime came around that my steps faltered. Me and Maya had the first three classes together which meant I had to endure lunch and my last two classes by myself. As I entered the cafeteria I could hear everyone freeze. It didn't take a genius to know that they were staring at me. I looked around making eye contact with everyone, deciding to go towards a table where four heads hung low. They weren't staring at me like the others in fact they were avoiding me altogether. I could see them visibly flinch as I sat down across from them and I rolled my eyes. Slowly everyone went back to chatting away, only occasionally glancing at me.

"My name's Storm." I speak. They look up in surprise and I chuckle.

"You guys don't talk much huh." I state grabbing a cookie off my tray and taking a bite.

"We're omegas, you shouldn't be sitting with us Alpha." A boy looks up at me and I frown.

"Omega? I'm not understanding how that matters? We're breathing the same air, right? We go to the same school, correct? We eat the same shitty school lunch and I'm pretty sure we use the same public bathrooms. So why can't we share the same table?" Annoyance is clear in my voice and I angrily bite my cookie.

"My name is Luke, this is Kayla, Jessica, and Henry." Luke is the boy that speaks up first and I smile.

"Well it's good to know that not everyone here is a complete asswipe" I smile they look up at me.

"Yea, wish we could say the same." Jessica is the one that speaks up and I frown.

"What do you mean?" I ask curiously.