Chapter 5: Make New Friends but Keep Discord

Start from the beginning

Discord puffs his cheeks out in annoyance before he coils over towards (Y/N) while putting his lion paw over his shoulder while smiling at him.

Discord: (Y/N), you wouldn't forsaken your best friend, right? It'll be a gentleponies night with the two of us as we cruuuuuise our way into the Gala.

Discord says this as he puts on some black shades before he makes himself into the shape of a small limousine. (Y/N) stares at his and he blinks twice before he rubs the back of his head nervously.

(Y/N): Yeah, uh. . . The thing is Discord. . . I've already got plans to ask another pony out to the Grand Galloping Gala. . .

The limousine Discord explodes along with his shades before leaning in towards (Y/N) as if he just said the craziest thing in Equestria.

Discord: What?!?! I-I mean. . . you don't say?

He saves himself by standing upright and crossing his arms. Fluttershy looks over towards (Y/N) surprised and interested on who he was going to take to the Grand Galloping Gala.

Fluttershy: Really, (N/N)? Who did you plan on taking? Is it somepony that we know?

(Y/N) turns to Fluttershy and smiles brightly from this.

(Y/N): Oh ho, you better believe it! I didn't think that I'd ever get the chance to see her again since she's been out of Ponyville a lot lately. I saw her in town today and after getting an offer to go the Grand Galloping Gala with one more special guest, I couldn't help, but have her as the first thing in my mind. I mean, I know she says this a lot, but she's great. . .

Discord: Great?

(Y/N): Powerful!

Discord looked completely flabbergasted from (Y/N)'s description of who he was talking about.

Discord: Powerful?!

(Y/N): And really great with magic. . . Well, stage magic to be more specific.

Fluttershy: Ohhhh. You mean her. *giggles* I'm sure that she'll be delighted to hear that you'll be inviting her, (Y/N).

Discord: Uh, hello? Great and Powerful friend right here you know!

(Y/N): Not you, Discord. I'm talking about a mare. . . though I suppose that guessing yourself wasn't actually a bad answer.

Discord was shocked to hear this before his face turns red to show that he was just a little bit angry before the fumes suddenly disappear and he just grimaces before he straightens his neck to its full vertical height before walking past the two who notice him taking his leave.

Fluttershy: We're sorry, Discord. We assumed you'd have your own ticket since you and Princess Celestia are friends now. Were you not invited?

Discord stops at the front door and magics a smoking jacket onto himself during the next line.

Discord: Who, me? It probably got lost in the mail. No biggie, as the foals say. Well, gotta go!

(Y/N) raises an eyebrow from this and Fluttershy holds up a tray of snacks in her hooves.

Fluttershy: But we haven't had any of our Tuesday teacakes.

The whole lot is unceremoniously removed from her grip and dumped into the front of Discord's jacket before he tosses the tray aside.

Discord: Well, I guess we're just going to have to exclude them from our party this time. Oh, did I say that out loud? I mean, ta-ta.

He winks out, leaving the levitating table and teapot to hit the floor near a flabbergasted Fluttershy and a confused (Y/N) before the two look at each other with the same worried looks.