01-01 | ONCE AGAIN, GOLDEN SPOON

Start from the beginning

The downside of having born lucky in such family is that I'll have no time to socialize with people. There's hardly anyone that I regard as my friend. My sidekick, Lee Kyung is an exception though, he's my soulmate and partner in crime.

I discovered 'King of the Peak' manhwa when I peeped at Lee Kyung's phone. Everything seemed to change after I read that manhwa. I started to know what it feels like to wait, to be curious, to be mad, to appreciate, and to comprehend in a way I never could. It wasn't enough to make up the lack of interaction in my life, but enough for me to grasp how the society is.

Oh! I suddenly remember that there was one cousin that was like a friend to me. But that was before he fucking stab me with a sword.

That fucker, Yeo Bomin!

"Thank you for your hard work on the finance report~ I'm afraid of ghost, so don't haunt me Hyeonnie~" was the last sentence that I heard.

I put a little trust in him these whole time. Yet, he killed me just to get a damn finance report?! I almost regard him as a close friend. Just because of a stupid competition made by grandpa, he killed me?! God, please send him to hell. Not only him, but whoever that is involved in the death of Yeo's family members.

"Stupid power seekers." I sighed.

Once I arranged my mind, I tried to recall what had happened and what will happen according to the manhwa.

"... so, the wrongdoings that Alethea has caused until this point were destroying Azeil's properties, spreading rumors about the land beside Nox forest... and trying to capture him for the lake incident."

Good thing that I got into this body at the right time. This way, Azeil won't be framed for the incident. It's not too late to make up for the former Alethea's mistakes, right?

After several minutes of scribbling, I lifted a piece of paper in my hand.

ALETHEA'S SURVIVAL GUIDE

I felt pleasant just looking at it. Deep inside, I hope that this will guide me to live a long life.

"I, Yeo Juhyeon, hereby declared that I will not die!"

-

SPRING 9, 881

Six fucking days of recovery has passed.

Pain was present in the joints of my hip and knees. Today, a mage from Aetos Tower visited at the command of Duke Castellanos. To check up on my condition.

The mage introduced himself as Gafan Vandverlos. If I wasn't mistaken, he's one of the best mages in Aetos Tower. NYAN-nim mentioned that Gafan was the candidate to be the next archmage, along with Sirius Balaskas and Ajzen Ravel.

I didn't know who will be the next archmage, though. I died before the spin-off manhwa was released.

Fuck you, Yeo Bomin.

"I will start the examination on your mana. Miss Castellanos, please excuse me." he politely took my hand.

I felt warm sensation on my hand. A sky blue light suddenly appeared. WAIT, LIGHT???

Gafan looked at the light with shock. Of course he would. Even I was. He noticed that I have reached the highest soulbound level known in history.

Heck! I would faint if I were him. Soulbound achievers were uncommon, let alone the high level ones. In the whole empire, only the heirs of noble households, priests, swordsmen, and mages that have succeed in achieving soulbound.