14 - 'The Lakeland Estate'

Start from the beginning

"He was too busy thinking about sky, to think about his duties" Ethan laughed sitting across from us.

"Sky" I mumbled, looking around the kitchen as a way to cover up the fact that I all but choked on her name, as memories of Thursday night caught up with me so fast that It was like they never left. I felt a whole new wave of sickness overwhelm me, as I remembered what she'd said 'I don't want to see you again.' The same sentence repeated itself over and over again in my brain, like an alarm clock with no snooze button. Being wasted had temporarily numbed me from this overwhelming pain for the last few days. It had dulled the pull she had on me, but now I was sober again It all came back to me like a tonne of bricks crushing me, so hard that all I wanted to do was crawl in a hole and die... well after I go round her house and beg her to take me back.

Urg, if I thought I was feeling like shit before. I was feeling a hundred times worse now.

"I would have thought, Mrs. Lakeland would have noticed though" Nick shrugged, hang on...

"Mrs. Lakeland?" I repeated, the surprise apparent on my face... Sky's staying with Mrs. Lakeland?

"Yeh you know, that old widow who lives next to the north-west side of the forr..."

"I know who she is!" I growled, unable to hide the seriousness from seeking through my words. If some wolf I hadn't met, who was on my land without permission and knocking on my mate's door was around. My wolf growled angrily, as my previous depressed mood was entirely overridden with protectiveness as I thought about someone near my angel.

"Whoa!" I vaguely noticed Ethan and Nick looking at me like I was about to blow, and maybe I was. "Man you need to calm down" Nick warned, his hand pressing on my vibrating shoulder. He was right I did need to calm down, I could feel my wolf riding into change, and I really didn't want to change in the house - In the mood I'm in now I'll probably break it down, both my human and wolf was beyond livid at the fact someone was near enough to hurt her.

"I got to go," I growled, not finding the strength to control the anger in my voice.

"Wait!" Ethan and Nick said at the same time, causing my wolf to snarl at the two of them, as I barged past them towards the front door. I needed to get out of here. I needed to be with her.

"Man, where are you going?!" Nick called after me, as I began to run towards the forest.

"To see someone" I growled over my shoulder.

"Is your intention to kill em? Because in your mood..." he began, but I cut him off with an almighty growl, which had him frozen where he was.

"I WILL NOT KILL HER!" I snarled, my voice echoing through the forest. "Now get lost!" I ordered.

"Klaus, we are not letting you go alone..." Ethan said as the two of them began to walk towards me.

"I said STAND DOWN!" I ordered, letting all of my alpha authority leaks into my voice, leaving them no choice but to obey me.

I watched as the two of them bowed their heads, in a show of respect. They might be my best friends, but they also knew their rank, which was lower than mine.

With that, I shifted giving all my senses over to my wolf and began to run through the forest, with one and only one destination in mind.

The Lakeland Estate.

Well that was until reality hit me, one being it was half eight, meaning Sky would have already left for school, Leaving only Mrs. Lakeland left at home, and something told me that I wouldn't want her to see her granddaughters future husband stalk naked on her front doorstep. Had I not been so hot-headed, I would have thought ahead and brought a spare pair of clothes. I would have also realized Sky would have already left, but I wasn't worried about her safety as much now. I knew she would be with Wesley, and as much as I hated the prick. I knew she would be safe with him, not to mention the number of my wolves which where at school right now, they wouldn't let anything happen. I reassured myself but made a mental note at the same time to talk to the pack about the situation.