🦖 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 🦖

Morning sunlight swam in the cool shade of blue that painted the sky as the new day was welcomed into the jungle landscape. Screeches from pterodactyl echoed through the forest as they soared across the azure that coated the beginning of the day, the aura from the sun rising to create a new awakening.

Gummi's azure eyes flickered open, ears tickled by the commotion outside. He turned from his relaxed position within the egg shell, (Y/n) still snuggled against his chest, hand risen over his eyes to block out the sunlight.

Monstrous sounds of the enormous feet of local dinosaurs rattled the walls of the cave as usual, although Gummi noticed that his prehistoric companion "Dave" was not curled up beside the entrance as usual as dawn arose.

He slowly slid out of the cracked egg shell so as not to disturb (Y/n), her gentle breathing continuing to his reassurance. His bare feet nestled into the sandy ground with each step, fluffy auburn eyebrows tilted in confusion as his vision squinted from the sudden exposure to light.

Gummi peeked outside the entrance to the cave, fingers brushing the boulders forming the doorway as a yawn escaped his lips. He adjusted the ochre fur that created his underwear type attire as he continued his journey out into the open.

The sound of grumbling alerted Gummi to the source of the commotion; Dave.

He chuckled, wandering towards his dino friend with curiosity flowing through the sparkles of his cerulean eyes. Gummi yawned once more, rubbing a single eye to express his exhaustion - although he had experienced a long night's sleep - as he continued to adjust to the sudden light.

Dave was wide awake, his slithering tail wagging like that of a dog as Gummi turned to notice what was causing his excitement.

A bone lay rogue between a pair of boulders, its ivory colour buried underneath a sea of khaki and crimson leaves. Gummi smiled, his hand digging under the plants to grab what his dinosaur companion saw as a toy.

As the bone became more visible, Dave grew more ecstatic as his eyes widened; the pace of his swishing tail increased, and his tongue sloped to the side of his mouth to allow the sound of panting to escape through his breath.

Gummi chuckled, cheekily throwing and catching the bone before tossing it into the depths of the jungle situated behind his caveman home.

Dave stormed into the tropical trees, continuing to pant as his cerise feet dashed across the dusted ground. Gummi patiently waited by the boulders creating his cave, twiddling his thumbs as the pounding of his dino companion's feet disappeared into the distance.

(Y/n)'s appeared behind him moments later, yawning and adjusting her sleepy eyes to the blazing morning sunlight. Gummi smiled at the sound of her presence, the crunching of leaves from her (f/c) paws altering him to her approach.

Although it could have been Harry or Kala behind him, without a single glace back he knew it was definitely (Y/n)...

He could sense it...

Gummi spun around on his bare heels, a cheeky smile crossing his face as he continued twiddling his thumbs in patience for his prehistoric companion's return, although now behind his back rather than by his tummy.

"Hey." Gummi simply said.

"Hi." (Y/n) simply replied, scrunching both eyes closed to provide them with one final rub to awaken them before blinking repeatedly to adjust to the light.

She kept her gaze focused on both their toes, smiling at Gummi's adorable green feet to distract her cheeks from burning up once more.

To interrupt what was becoming an awkward situation, Dave returned. The bone also returned; to the ground, now smothered in saliva and encrusted in dirt as the drool acted as glue.