Pacify her- Kaz Brekker x reader

Kaz allowed himself a breather from his work in settling the Crow Club books. There was so much to do. Oversee the Club, check on Fifth Harbor, monitor the rotations of his barkers who were very conveniently placed outside the Emerald Palace, fence a lot of valuables. And then he had to visit his girl.

His girl.

The words seemed to have the taste of rot, as if he had just sniffed a cup of spoilt milk. As if it was something that wasn't meant for him.

You, with your free smile and your laugh and your charm. 

He reached into his pocket and drew out a small piece of paper from it.

A drawing. He had drawn you when you were fast asleep, it was a small piece of you he had with him everywhere he went.

He scoffed. Sentimental fool.

The sound of knocking brought him back to reality and as he stood up, he mindlessly crumpled the paper and dropped it before going to the door and letting in the newest person he was going to financially destroy. 

The crumpled piece of paper lay there on the cold wooden floor, under the desk.

-----------

Love was not supposed to be like this.

It was supposed to be ugly and sad, and happy too.

But not numb. It wasn't supposed to be numb.

But what should you have expected when you fell for Kaz Brekker?

You didn't want his touch, nor his protection.

You just wanted him. All of him, even the ugly, broken parts.

But at the end of the day, all that mattered was the money he made, the Club he ran, the revenge he was after.

You were overwhelmed by him and everything he did, but it seemed as if all you did was get on his nerves.

You were tired.

Tired of the way he always chose everyone and everything else other than you.

He chose the money, he chose the Club, he chose to selfishly exploit people for his own gain. People you knew, people you were close too. All for the damned kruge.

He was currently sitting on a sofa in your living room and thinking, his face pulled into his classic scheming expression. His eyes squinted a little, his head tilted, a small divot between his eyebrows. He had his bad leg stretched out.

"Kaz." you said slowly.

He blinked quickly and raised an eyebrow at you.

You swallowed, "Can you stay in tomorrow?"

 He was confused, "Why?"

You clenched your jaw, "It's just-"

He gestured for you to go on.

"You're never here, Today is the first time I've seen you in three weeks. You don't let me come to the club or be there with you. All I want is to spend time with you Kaz, yet you're never there. So I just wanted you to be here tomorrow."

He bit cheeks, "Y/n, you have to accept the fact that I won't be able to see you everyday. It's impossible, please don't whine like a baby needing to be calmed down."

You looked away, embarrassed as your eyes turned moist.

He rolled his eyes, "You're crying? Really, what, do I need to get a binky for you?"

You hastily wiped your eyes and shook your head. A lone tear travelling down the expanse of your neck.

You took a deep shuddering breath as the thought came to life in your mind, everything fit like a jigsaw puzzle.

He had to choose between you or the kruge.

He loved you right?

No, he was tired of loving you.  You realized as you looked at him shake his head and scoff at you.

-------------------

He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Her or the kruge?

Was she daft?

"What the hell do you mean?" he hissed as he looked at the girl who sat across from him, she actually had the nerve to come to the Club.

"I mean, you either stop being obsessed with kruge and with the club Take a goddamn break.  Or I leave." she said.

"You are getting on my nerves right now. Don't talk nonsense. "

She huffed out a humorless laugh, "What did I even expect? That you'd choose me over your precious kruge? Foolish"

He clenched his jaw, "Why are you like this?"

"Like what?" her voice became low. Raw. Her expression was dangerous.

"Like you!" he admitted loudly, clearly not regretting the words that came out of his mouth.

"Like me." she repeated slowly, her voice a slow whisper as her fears came true.

She nodded and left. No goodbye, no acknowledgment. Nothing.

Kaz stared after her, the past ten minutes on repeat in his brain. Did he care? He didn't know. 

He reached into his pocket and drew out his watch, it was late. She should have been back by now.

He heard her before he saw her. She stepped inside and stood in front of the desk. Her hood down and her dark eyes glinting with mischief as she informed him about the whereabouts of the package he wanted to nick. 

Kaz stood up, looking at her, soaking in her features. Her hair, her skin. Her eyes. He smirked, "We have work to do. You and I."

He stepped on as he went out of his office. His Wraith behind him. The promise of revenge before him.

He paid no heed to the small crumpled piece of paper he had stepped on as he left the room.