Dae-su, Wu-jin, and Ji-min immediately grabbed into Gwi-nam, trying to get him away from Cheong-san. Yun-bi grabbed the bat that was lying on the floor and run towards them. Her hit landed on Gwi-nam's back, but it did not even affected him.

He turned his attention to the girl and kicked her which caused her to land on the ground and drop the bat.

Chae-won went to Yun-bi to help her because she's having a hard time to get up after getting hit for the second time by Gwi-nam.

They watched as he fought whoever comes near him and just easily fight them. Until Nam-ra finally picks up a wood and hit him. He quickly pushed her away, but she grabbed the wood again and stabbed him in his leg.

The two continued to fight until they reached the edge of the rooftop and she pushed him off and he fell on the ground.

Yun-bi was about to run to her when she felt a tug on her arm. She looked at the girl holding her arm.

"What is she? How did she do that?" Chae-won asked with terrified look in her face.

"It's fine," Yun-bi replied then pull her arm to get to the girl.

***

OH YUN-BI decided to sit beside Nam-ra and hold her hands, trying to comfort the girl for she knows that it worries her after seeing just how much strength she had after she got bitten by Gwi-nam.

"So it's safe to assume that they're both hambies --" Dae-su stated but was interrupted when Hyo-ryung slap him in his back. "What?"

"Wait, so you're a zombie? Like.. them?" Chae-won asked with a hint of disgust in her voice. They immediately looked at the girl for her rude remarks.

"She's not. She was bitten but she didn't turn. We think she's immune to whatever virus made those people turn into zombies," Yun-bi answered calmly, even though she's irritated at the girl deep inside.

Their senior was about to add more when Ji-min spoke. "You're really okay, right? You won't do that to us, right?"

"Will you believe me if I say I won't?" Nam-ra answered while looking at the girl who asked her.

"Can you just make us believe you? We're going to be together anyway."

Nam-ra sighed. "I never thought I'd ever get to do this before. To sit by the fire with all of you like this and it's really nice. If we get out of here, let's gather around a fire and do this again."

"Sure, let's do that," On-jo stated as she glanced at their class president. "If someone lit a fire, let's gather around together."

"I'm sorry, Prez," Ji-min said after hearing her thoughts.

They went back to teasing each other again when Nam-ra suddenly spoke. "Did you hear that?"

"Why? Is someone coming again?" Hyo-ryung asked looking so anxious.

Nam-ra did not answer though and just looked at the distance. "They're coming." They all looked at the direction she's looking at but did not see anything.

"Wait. I hear a helicopter," Cheong-san said which made everyone stood up and try to look for the source of that sound.

"It's coming this way. Fire!"

"Fire!"

They exclaimed as they get a wood from the bonfire they made. They swing it up as they try to call for the helicopter that was headed their way.

"Over here! We're here!"

"Please help us! Here!"

They continued to do that until it stopped right above where they were, and they saw few soldier coming down the rope. A sudden relief washed them as they will finally be saved from their school that already turned into a hell for them.

Once four soldiers were dropped off, the helicopter fly away from the rooftop. "Get down. All of you, get down on the ground!" One of the soldiers said.

"Sir, please save us," Dae-su said as they all look confused from the instruction given to them.

"Get down on the ground!"

They decided to just follow them and get lay on the ground as the soldiers started to check on their temperatures.

Yun-bi glanced at Nam-ra who looks anxious because of her condition. She held the girl's hand and squeezed it lightly to show some assurance to the girl.

"Temperature is 34.5 degrees. Providing a warming blanket," the soldier reads the thermometer after it shown a red color.

"We'll rescue them after completing our mission," they heard the soldier said to the other three. It made everyone sigh as they were finally being saved.

The rest of them waited there, standing, as the three soldiers proceed to go down the building through the ropes they set up. They were eager to get away from the school, but they patiently wait for the soldiers to finish their 'mission' that they don't know about.

Once the three soldiers are back up, the helicopter fly near them. "We'll pull you up one at a time. Stay still even if you're scared, okay?"

"Aren't you landing the helicopter?" Ji-min asked.

"We can't, for safety reasons. He'll pull you in, so don't worry," the soldier answered.

"Ji-min. You go first," On-jo told the girl who seems to be the most anxious among all of them. The others were also giving her an encouraging smile.

Hyo-ryung was next and was already putting on a safety harness when Ji-min started to go back down.

"Wait, she's coming down!"

"Why? What's wrong?"

Their questions poured at the sudden change of plan, but the soldier continued to bring Ji-min down the rope.

"Please, take me with you!" Ji-min pleaded but the soldiers remained pointing their guns at them as they went up one by one.

"What's wrong? We're not zombies." Joon-yeong tried to explain.

Cheong-san held On-jo's arm and pull her in the front. "Can't you take at least some of us?"

But all their pleads were only answered by a gunfire that the soldier directed at the sky.

"I'm sorry," the soldier said. And soon, they watched as he was pulled up and the helicopter started to fly away from them.

Leaving them all behind.

***

note // hey guys! sorry for not updating for two days. i had a hard time writing this chapter but i hope you liked it :))