V

Long chapter ahead! 👀
____________

Abuela Juana, Francesca, and a few other people were the first to go to La Casa Madrigal, now in crumbles. So many questions filled in Francesca's mind, but decided to asked later as she found...

"Isabela!", she exclaimed and went towards the 21 year old Madrigal who was with her papa, Agustin. More questions circulated in her mind as she saw Isabela's new form, but not's now the time to asked.

As Isabela explained what happened, including her new form, Francesca felt happy for her, but at the same time felt bad for the Madrigal and their beloved home. She enveloped her older friend a hug, while patting her back. Isabela was too stunned, but she hugged her back as she burst into tears.

Francesca was the type of person who doesn't know how to give advices, but she gave the best hugs.

Julieta's chant of her youngest daughter's name was heard, and Isabela was the one who broke the hug. "Mirabel? Where's Mirabel? Mirabel!", she then started to shout her sibling's name, followed by Agustin, and soon the others.

Encanto was soon enveloped in a dark night, and the Madrigals kept shouting Mirabel's name, with Julieta's voice being the loudest. Alma was sitting on the ground, with Juana comforting on her side.

Francesca felt so bad for them. No house, no magic, no Mirabel on sight.

How would their beloved town go on if there's no miracle burning?

She just stood where she and Isabela hug, hopeless, and slowly sat on the ground, with forgotten Antonio's toy lay on her hands. A petite figure went near her and tugged her sleeve to catch the girl's attention, but Francesca didn't budged and just stared at the crumbled Casa.

Two small hands wrapped around her right arm, and a head was layed on her right shoulder. "I'm scared", it was Antonio. Francesca looked at him and ruffled his hair with her left hand. "I'm sure everything will be fine, little guy.", she gave her a small smile, which Antonio didn't reciprocated.

I know I lied, Antonio. Lo siento.

"Oh by the way, Leonardo is finished!", she gave the toy to the owner, and Antonio's expression glowed. Francesca's eyes softened as the little boy beside her smiled amidst of what's happening to them. "Gracias, Francesca!"

"Excuse me, you're Francesca Castro right?", a sweet voice caught their attention. They both turned around and saw Dolores, who greeted them with a smile. "Please do me a favor and look out for Antonio. Me, mi los padres y mi el hermano  will look for Mirabel.", her voice cracked but quickly cleared her throat. Francesca nod, which made Dolores whispered 'gracias' before she left.

Francesca noticed Pepa Madrigal and Felix Madrigal not far from them, who looked at her with a smile. And of course, Camilo. She stiffed a little bit when the shapshifter noticed her and made an eye contact.

To her surprise, he gave her a smile. A smile.

Francesca quickly broke their eye contact and continued looking at Antonio, who was playing with Leonardo.

She hated to admit it but she felt her cheeks turned hot.

Blushing from a smile? Disgusting, I still don't like him.

_______________

The next morning came, and Mirabel's still missing. Not only the Madrigals are looking for her, but other people as well.

People in town got busy, including the Castro family. Pablo and some of the people volunteered to cooked and bring food for them to eat and nourished their body, Juana volunteered to look out for Alma to rest at the Castro's residence, Karlos called all the carpenters in the town and gathered all the materials im rebuilding La Casa Madrigal, and Francesca continued to look out for Antonio from time to time since he need to spent time with his family too.