Ryujin gulped and held her forehead. She felt nervous all of a sudden. She is flustered by the sudden nickname and his voice. Sure, Beomgyu's voice is already deep but if the deep and tired voice decided to happen at the same time...yes.

Not to mention that 'baby' hits differently than 'wife' for her.

"Um hi!" She chuckled nervously and pursed her lips.

Beomgyu felt that she was flustered by his actions so he gave a low chuckle and asked for a face time. Ryujin quickly calmed herself down before accepting it.

As soon as she accepted his request, she saw him laying down on the bed back at their apartment while hugging a pillow looking at her through the screen.

"How are you?" Beomgyu asked staring at her.

"I'm doing fine. I just finished dinner. You?" Ryujin replied wandering her eyes around the room.

The truth is she can't afford to look at him directly because it makes her miss him more-

"Mhm. I think I feel eh.." He said not sure about what to feel.

Ryujin raised a brow and lied down. "Why? What's wrong?" She asked placing her phone against a pillow for it to stay up.

Beomgyu sighed and did the same. "Because..."

Ryujin is so sure that something is bothering him but she doesn't know exactly what. So she stayed looking at him examining his facial expressions and waiting for an answer.

"...I miss you." He pouted at her as Ryujin chuckled at his behavior.

"My Ryuuu, when are you coming back?" Beomgyu playfully whined at her.

"Tomorrow. I told you that. It's literally just one night." Ryujin said.

"I have nothing to hug tonight." Beomgyu said as she pointed at the pillow he was hugging.

Beomgyu quickly threw the pillow out of the frame and cleared his throat. "Look, nothing."

Ryujin shook her head and clicked her tongue. "Come on, you can survive a day or night without me. You're a grown up."

She's right. Beomgyu is a grown up but he shows more of his childish side to her. And it became 'worse' when they started to live together. Sometimes he's serious and is more in the mature side but for Ryujin, it doesn't really matter what side he shows because he is still Beomgyu.

"You owe me though." Beomgyu shrugged and picked up the pillow to hug it again.

"Owe you what exactly?" She asked as he smirked. Ryujin furrowed her eyebrows and realized.

"Hey-"

"Not like that geez." Beomgyu stopped himself from laughing. "You owe me..."

"...Cuddles when you get back." Beomgyu gave a shy smile as Ryujin sighed in relief.

"Geez. That scared me." She held her chest.

"How is that scary?" Beomgyu laughed and looked at her.

"N-nothing. Anyways, why did you call?" Ryujin diverted the topic to elsewhere.

You were waiting for his prescence Ryujin what the-

"I just want to know how are you. Were you asleep when I called?" Beomgyu asked as she shook her head.

Yes, she was about to but who cares about sleeping anyways if he wants to talk to her.

"I wasn't but you? Why aren't you asleep yet? It's already 10 pm." Ryujin glanced at the clock on her room.

"I can't sleep. I can't sleep without you next to me." He answered casually.

Ryujin's cheeks turned into light pink and tried to control the things she is feeling in her stomach. "Oh..that's a shame."

"I know..." He said. "I miss you."

Even though he said that thousand of times already, Ryujin still can't help but to smile at his words. She finds it cute that he misses her. She misses him too but she chose to kept quiet about it. Beomgyu is very open of his feelings to her while Ryujin tends to keep her emotions and feelings to herself. She finds it hard to express things but with the help of Beomgyu, she is slowly coming out of her shell.

"I miss you more." Ryujin mumbled but was loud enough to be heard by Beomgyu. He gave a smile and stared at her.

"I know you do. You're the only one allowed to miss me." He fluttered his eyes at her.

Ryujin snorted. "And why is that?"

"Because you're my wife."

"Wife?" Ryujin pretended to think. "Hm not quite yet though."

Beomgyu looked at her weirdly. "Yet? Are you indirectly saying yes to me?"

Ryujin widen her eyes. It's true that it sounded like that. We can't even sugarcoat it to make it sound any different.

Beomgyu chuckled. "I'm just kidding Ryu. Take all the time you need. I'm just here."

Ryujin gave a sweet smile at him when her eyes caught Byulie looking at her.

"You wanna see Byulie? I can't find Dallie but Byulie's here." She stated as Beomgyu immediately nodded. Ryujin gestured Byulie to come near her so she did.

"Helloo Byuliee!" Beomgyu cooed at the cat.

Byulie meowed at him as Ryujin made her wave at him.

"Take care of our Ryu for tonight okay? Make sure that she falls asleep so she won't be tired and sleepy tomorrow. Okay Byul?" Beomgyu spoke to the cat while she meowed.

"I'll take that as a yes." Beomgyu smiled as Ryujin did too...to him.

She loves it when he makes her smile but sometimes she hates it. She hates that it's making her feel something she shouldn't feel.

She always remind herself that the engagement happened because he wanted to get away with Eunji.

If Eunji didn't get into his life, none of these would even happen. Oh hell, she doesn't even know his feelings for her at all. They agreed to date and in the process he said she would know his feelings. But she just can't assume things like that. She wants validation.

Sure, he's flirty, calls her cute names, makes an effort for her, spends time with her, and everything. But, he does some of these things to her even before when they're just bestfriends.

Ryujin can't say she likes him but he sure is special to her like no one else is. What stops her feelings is because he is her bestfriend. In fact, she never saw him in that way. But maybe things does change...

But falling for your bestfriend is kinda a risk.

Actually, it IS a risk. As you don't know what may happen at the end.

Like they say, you may end up having a bestfriend and a lover for a lifetime or you may end up losing both...