Chapter 3: Boys have it easy

She tried her best to stay focused on class and it worked because it was one of her favorite subjects, Chemistry, although that might have to do with how amazing she thought her teacher was. Tzuyu is always saying Chaeyoung has a crush, but she denies it, she is just fond of the subject.

Time flew by, both girls went home after agreeing to meet with Tzuyu after Momo's presentation. Chaeyoung decided to practice a bit, that would totally keep her mind focused on what's important. This time she did it properly, warming up first and after. Not forgetting her music. She adored the feeling boxing brought to her, she was definitely feeling better, and in just a moment it was time to go. She washed up and dressed to support Momo.

Their school had a special theater for these things. Today it was quite full but since they got a bit earlier they managed to have some pretty decent seats.

"Look, Tzuyu is a few rows down, I'll go ask her if she saw Momo just now," Dahyun said and got up. Chaeyoung nodded and saw her walk carefully in between the seats and legs of students and parents. Chaeyoung took out her phone and deleted Momo's presentation from her calendar.

"Is this seat taken?"

"What are you doing here?"

"I thought we already established I study here," Mina remarked sitting next to Chaeyoung.

"But, I mean why are you here now." Chaeyoung looked at the senior and the feeling from earlier threatened her stomach. So she stopped looking.

"It's a school thing, isn't it?" Mina said a bit frustrated. Chaeyoung knew she had asked with an attitude so she apologized.

"Sorry, sometimes I don't realize if I'm being too direct or insensitive."

"Yeah, old news," Mina said getting up but Chaeyoung held her wrist.

"It's not— It's not taken for the next five minutes."

"Okay." Mina sat again and Chaeyoung could feel her eyes staring attentively at her even though she was trying to stay focused on the stage.

The feeling had definitely come back and she wondered if asking Mina. But she had no idea how to explain it and it was embarrassing. But her thoughts were interrupted by Mina taking something out of her pocket, Chaeyoung recognized it as the gum she had bought the other day. Mina took one and started chewing. "Want one?"

Doubting for some reason, she finally accepted and guided the piece of gum to her mouth. The feeling just kept growing and it made her wonder if Mina's piece of gum tasted the same as hers. 'if only I could taste it... no, no, god, Chaeyoung' Of course it tasted the same, but Chaeyoung grew nervous picturing it. Feeling the taste of mint in her mouth as if it wasn't from the piece she was chewing

"So I take it as you didn't confess yet," Mina suddenly talked again.

"What?" Chaeyoung looked at her and then followed the direction of her gaze. Her heart stopped, she no longer cared about the taste of mint. That Angelo guy was talking with Dahyun who apparently was returning from having talked to Tzuyu. They could just be talking but Dahyun's big smile shattered Chaeyoung's heart.

"Then my lesson wasn't worth it?"

"Wh— no, yes, it was, thank you I just— I'm waiting for the right time," Chaeyoung insisted.