33

Catra's POV

If you didn't know, I am a fuckin orphan.

I don't even know my own birthday! But my foster parents put my birthday the same day as this other girl I used to be close with in my unit.

Which was today.

I was dancing around by myself and then got the brilliant but to call and invite the one the only Y/N to get pancakes with me on my birthday.

I honestly hate pancakes but it's an excuse to brag it's my birthday.

I jumped on my bed and dialed their number.

"Hey Catra! What's up!" 

"An important day.... like really important." 

"Yeah! So you got the invite to Adora's party tonight?!? I am hosting it... it's a surprise so please don't tell her-" I cut them off. "Actually it's my birthday." I said.

They paused.

"OH SHIT! Catra I am so sorry I completely forgot!" "It's fine! I'll just make plans-" "Nonsense! Come to the party tonight! I'll host and it could be you know- a joint party." Y/n said.

"Invite a friend too! I have a present ready for you!" Y/n said before they hung up.

I scoffed. Did she really just forget? I DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS- I heard a knock in my door,  I went to open it, "Oh my god. What are you doing here Sparkles?!?" I groaned.

"It's your birthday and I wanted to celebrate it with you?" Glimmer said as she handed a to go box to me and a bag with a balloon.

"Gee thanks you didn't have to." I said with a small smile, "Well I wanted to! Open it! Not the food by the way, THE PRESENT!" Glimmer said. I opened the big fat bag revealing an old record player.

"You did not-" I gasped feeling tears in my eyes, "I thought you might like it-" "I LOVE IT!" I shouted as I hugged her.

"I also got you pancakes." I smiled.

"Hey G?" i said. "Yeah?" "Wanna do something fun?" I asked with a smirk.

"Like what?" she asked.

"Let's go to a party where we aren't wanted."