22

you forgot that other people still have your phone number, for example, kakucho. when he realized that you had your phone number, he started to spam you, but you ignored all of them. mainly because you're holding onto mikey so you do not fly off the bike.

"who's messaging you?" mikey raises his voice so you can hear him over the wind. leaning closer to his ear, you speak at your normal volume.

"it's either one of the haitani's or kakucho." you answer, not having the courage to reach back to check, you may drop it. you feel mikey shiver when you speak, finally how close you are to him, your hot breath against his ear and neck. blushing in embarrassment, you move away from his face and lay your head on his shoulder again.

finally, the two of you reach a familiar building.

"are we going to kokonoi's penthouse?" you question as he leads you up to the door, pushing it open and stepping into the lobby on the first floor. the only answer you get is a slight nod as he walks to the elevator.

the silence between you two is comfortable, and you can't help but smile for the first time since you started your sentence.

when the elevator opens to the penthouse, someone comes rushing towards you, pulling you out from the elevator and into your arms. without even having to look, you know who it is. kazutora's hugs are something engraved in your mind.

"y/n!" he cries out, pulling more into the penthouse with mikey trailing behind the two of you. he sits you down on a three person couch between him and mikey, finally letting you look around the room. it's the same place you drank with kokonoi.

sitting all around are members of the kantou manji gang, according to your minimal knowledge. sanzu, baji and kokonoi sit on an identical couch on the opposite side of the small coffee table between the two couches.

"hello kokonoi, and...you two." you smile bitterly at sanzu and baji, while giving kokonoi a little grin. he scoffs and looks away, an unnoticed blush on his cheeks.

but you do realize a major difference than before you got imprisoned, "not with draken anymore, eh?" you note, glancing over to mikey just stares off into the distance, which confirms your observation.

"at least i don't have to worry about him bullying me in secret...but i do have to worry about those two." you decide now is a good time to tell mikey.

your words catch his attention and he looks at baji and sanzu, "what do you mean?"

baji and sanzu visibly tense at his gaze, you know that even if they are loyal as well as his childhood friends, they fear him.

"ah, you don't know?" you smirk as you start to play with your hair, looking away from the two raging boys, "has baji ever said he would never hit a girl?" you question mikey, your smirk growing when he nods.

"he's lying. before the valhalla vs. toman battle, everytime you weren't around and it was just me and baji- he'd beat me until i could barely move..." you mutter, softly but loud to where all of them could hear. this information doesn't only anger mikey.

"and sanzu." you turn your gaze to him, trying to remember what he did, then it clicks, "oh yeah, he once threatened me with his katana, i even have a scar." this memory faded slightly, but it was brought back to you just at the right moment.

kazutora stands from his sitting position, suddenly lunging at baji, hands aiming for his throat, "i should've killed you when i had the chance!" the couch topples over, taking sanzu to the ground while kokonoi stands just in time.

"i'm gonna fucking kill those bastards." mikey says from beside you, standing from his sitting position and walking to where sanzu is. this situation is a bit too familiar.

"should we stop them?" kokonoi questions you, watching as mikey drags sanzu away and baji seems to be turning blue.

"they deserve it." you state, "so, who lives here? just you or..."

"all of us. mikey cut ties with all his friends and family, sanzu doesn't stay in contact with his family, kazutora's parents don't want him at home, or something, and baji's mom doesn't even want to look at him."

"mm, okay. i'm going to make sure mikey doesn't kill sanzu, you should do the same for kazutora and baji." kokonoi agrees, walking over to kazutora and baji while you follow where sanzu and mikey went.

you can hear sanzu pleading from around the corner.

as you turn the corner, you see sanzu on his knees in front of mikey, holding his bruised and twisted wrist. calmly, you walk over to mikey, seeing how dull his eyes are – more than usual.

"were you really going to kill him without me?" you sneer, flicking mikey in the forehead, he turns to you quickly but calms when he sees that it is you.

"i'm not going to kill him." mikey says calmly, but he looks quite ashamed with his actions but doesn't admit it. suddenly, kazutora walks up to the lot of you, throwing baji at sanzu, knocking them both to the floor.

"apologize to y/n!"

UNEDITED.

a/n: honestly, kazu and mikey >>