Chapter 5 - Bullet

CHAPTER 5
Bullet

"My love, Esmeralda please dont leave me" Victor is bitterly crying outside the ICU. Although the bullet was successfully removed from her body, she was still unconscious. He was devastated. This was his 2nd time to cry after the death of his mother.

All his dreams about them have been shattered. The plan to introduce her to their society, the surprise tour, and everything he have planned to show his affection was turned in vain. He don't know what he would do incase Esmeralda stops breathing. If only he confessed earlier, they would have been in abroad by now, enjoying the different views and sceneries.

He was surrounded by his employees, dressed in formal attire, all of them are sad. They really like Esmeralda for their boss. They can see that their boss loves her so much,thats why they love Esmeralda too.

Madelyn, the General Manager, is also there. She know how the relationship of the two got started, and she likes Esmeralda from the first day she met her. She also reminisced that she paid two girls to act infront of her in the restaurant, and it is so effective. Bravo! Esmeralda really submitted her curriculum vitae,just a minute after she overheard her accomplice's conversation.

She recall how happy her boss was. For the first time in history, her boss Victor is really attracted to a girl. And she could tell that Victor found his true love.

Before that day, Victor is always late. He defy his own policy - No to tardiness. But from that day onwards, he's the first person to arrive in the office. He even come before the guard next shift arrives. Thats why all of them was curious what happened to their boss.

But now, this happened. Madelyn sighs bitterly. She too, is doubtful whether Esmeralda can survive or not. How tragic lovestory.

His father, Alexander who felt bad for opposing their relationship is also there. He genuinely felt pity to Esmeralda, his previous excellent and reliable secretary. When she's in his office, everything is tackled smoothly. No questions asked, and all the major customer complaints were solved immediately. That's why he wished his son to find someone like her. But he was forced to fire her because of his girlfriends attitude. He choosed his girlfriend over his secretary.

Fortunately, they found each other but he hid his joy to Greta. He dont like that it would create misunderstanding.

All of them never expected that Esmeralda would shield Victor from the bullet using her own body.

"Vic, my son. Im so sorry for what happened. Its my fault, I never tightened the security." Alexander deeply regretted that he didnt personally checked the venue. If not because of the woman ,his beloved son would have been lying there, with a body full of breathing apparatus and life support machines. He promised himself that if the woman wakes up, he will let them get married and be happy just like before.

This news immediately reached Esmeraldas parents. The news includes the precious love between her and the man named Victor.They admired Victor for loving their daughter unconditionally. But they are also worried for her safety being with him. "Let them accompany her first, and show their affection to my daughter." Mr.Martin told his men. "The mastermind of this assasination is within the family. Too bad, my daughter got involved because of her will to protect her beloved man. We shall stay out of it for now until my daughter wakes up. I believe she saw the assasin thats why she did it."

It's been 7 days since she's in a comma, yet Victor never left her side. He lived in the hospital taking care of her. He didnt allowed anyone to do it. He always wipe her face with a towel dipped in a lukewarm water, to keep her free from dirt. He's always talking to her.

Today was no different from the previous days. He gently wipes her face, and then stopped when he reached her left jaw. "Who would have thought that you have a very beautiful heartshaped ,red birthmark over here".. He bent and kissed her gently. She's too beautiful even in her deep sleep. Everyday, he took a picture of her, all angles of her face and saved it to his laptop. He also stored backup file in a USB.