Chapter 2 -The Real Heir

All the employees respect her so much that's why she feels the same way when she was still in her comfort zone. The only difference is that, she is earning money by her own sweat. She works 8hours a day, and sometimes overtime. Thankfully, the assistant Manager is always with her.

They are so close that even their office mates teased them as sweet couple. They have mistaken them as lovers that's why all of them urged them to get married. She wonder why they are so respectful to her. Even the Manager Madelyn respect her so much. Sometimes she brings her fruits. When they teased them, Victor just smiled from ear to ear. Its as if he claim that what they are saying is true. So she didn't protest anymore, and just ride on with the flow.

Victor is very gentleman eventhough they are alone in the car. She just noticed that he can't take his eyes off her sometimes, but she ignored it. There's this time when she thought that he would kiss her lips but to her disappointment, he just kissed her forehead.
They just have mutual understanding. She thought, this might be the man she will soon introduce to her parents back in Fermi Country.

Prior coming to Centaurus, she asked her parents a favor. The words of her mother is still ringing in her ears "Esme honey, if that's what you want, you may try it out. But please allow us to send men secretly to ensure your safety."

"Yes dear,please?" Her Dad. She sighed helplessly. She want to come out from her comfort zone to try an ordinary life, and yet here they are sending some servants to protect her?!

Well, what can she do? They will not agree to her request if she will not also agree to theirs.

She just replied "Ok daddy, mommy.. just dont let them show up to me so I could not feel I'm guarded!"  and they hugged. They were in the airport that time.

Her parents kept their promise. No one showed up to protect her, no one intervened even when she's been bullied in her previous job. But she know that her parents men are just around, and always ready to act once the situation is not under control.

She lived in an apartment with just one bed room and a single bed. There's a living room, a kitchen and a dining room, one comfort room, and one bath room.  It's very spacious, but still, if compared to her room at home, this whole place is just like her walkin closet. Their family is filthy rich, but they are very humble. They own many establishments in Fermi Country, and the nearby lands, but still, this did not puffed up their heads. They are still down to earth.

It was Sunday afternoon when she and Victor decided to watch a movie in her apartment. It's past 7, and when the movie is about to begin, Victors cellphone rang nonstop.

"Wait for a moment, I'll take the call" Victor said in an apologetic voice.

"Okay, go ahead" she said while munching banana chips and paused the movie. She played with her cellphone while waiting.

Victor went at the porch to answer his dads call.
"Victor Alex Tan, is it true that you are dating a mere secretary, and you even pretended to be an assistant just to get close to her? Answer me directly. Yes or no?" Her dads voice is a little bit agitated. He mentioned his complete registered name when he's really angry. But if not, he calls him Victor.

"Dad, who told you that? Hahah we'll just talk when I go home next weekend okay? What present do you want?" He tried to ease his fathers anger.

"No, Victor Alex Tan! You should give an answer right now! Anyway it's just a yes or a no. Is it so hard to say just one word?" his father said impatiently.

Victor sighs. it seems that he can not hide anymore "ahmmm Yes dad, whats wrong if she's a secretary?or even if she's a beggar, whats wrong with --- ....." He was quickly interrupted by his father.