Chapter 3 - New York Times

Start from the beginning

"Huh! Why?!" She wondered. "Am I so haggard? " She took a mirror from her bag to see her face if its already wrinkled thats why this man might be irritated by her looks.

"No, but our boss is getting married. Ofcourse we are all invited. Have you not seen the invitation email sent to all employees? We must be in our best looks when we attend his wedding." he said while looking at her eyes directly and smiled sweetly. She blushed, and looked out at the window.

They went to Apple Blossom Spa. He let her enter the spa session while he talked to the Manager. Esmeralda noticed the full smile, and happy face of the Manager while she talks to Victor. She just shrugged her shoulder and thought that they are just happy seeing their co-employee.

When Victor went to the couch to wait for her, the Manager and the Spa employees chattered excitedly.  "Did you see the girl? They are perfect together" "Boss  V already found a woman he likes. This is the first time he introduce a girl to us. My gosh! The girl is so lucky to have Boss V! So to the one who chases Boss V, dream on!"

"Yes, Madam Jo-ann Glenn will be heartbroken for sure. Good for her. I dont like her for Boss V." Thats the  employees conversation. Their faces have changed upon mentioning Annikas name. She's a flirty girl who always come to their spa, demanding for a free and special treatment because she's allegedly Victors childhood sweetheart. But they never saw him treat her well. Infact, when Victor is around, that Jo-ann girl is well behaved and super kind to them.

After the spa, next is shopping spree. They went to various brand stalls , and everything they shopped is for her.

"Hey Vic! I thought you said 'we'?" Why we only buy things for 'me'?! Uyyy thats enough, you're increasing my debt huh?!" She said, thinking of repaying him when she receive this months salary.

"Vic? Well i love that! it sounds like music to my ears. Please say it again. Hehe"

Esmeralda thought of teasing him again while they walk to the next stall in Alisha Mall. She put her arms around his and sweetly said "Vic my love, would you mind to stop buying things for me? It's time to buy for yourself. Our savings might run out." She acts like a loving wife.

Her words have impacted a lot to Victors heart. His heart goes "labdub, labdub,labdub" rapidly. He cant stop looking at Esmeraldas beautiful face full of smiles, until they reached E.M.Fashion store.

Esmeralda was reluctant to go with him inside. Victor thought that she was reluctant to go inside because it's pricey and she think they couldn't afford anything from there.

"Don't worry I saved my salary, to buy you something from here. I guess you like this brand too since all the girls in the office saves money to buy E.M.Fashion garments and shoes" he said while he hold her hand which was on his arms, and then he lead her inside the store.

"Do I really need to wear highend dress at the wedding? We will just attend there, they wont notice us anyway , hmmm why are you doing this for me? I dont think it's necessary Victor". She said while pulling her hands away.

" You will know later. But please believe in me, dont mind others words. Just me please." He tightened his grip to her left hand while he look at her lovingly and then he intertwined their fingers.

" Okay" is the only word she can utter now. In her mind, she ask a question. "Is this my boyfriend? He acts like one. " His palm is so warm against her, it made her comfortable 

Esmeralda took a picture of E.M.Fashion Store facade, using her right free hand, and posted it on Instagram.

The post shows its branch. It created a huge scoop of news over the internet in just few minutes. She forgot that she hadn't yet logged out her company's official account so the post was shared a million times by the user and admirer of the brand, with the caption below.
"E.M.Fashion CEO is in Centaurus City."
"Will the owner of E.M.Fashion attends the wedding?" "For the first time in history, owner and designer of E.M.Fashion will be attending a wedding."
"Tan Company collaborates with E.M.Fashion?"

There are too many speculations about her, but she don't know about it. She just turned off her cellphone immediately after uploading the photo. Even the famous New York Time Magazine joined the news. The very first person who got excited is Greta. It's a dream come true for her. And Christine, she's over the moon. She thought, at last her daughter will come out of her den and socialize.

When Victor saw the post that went viral, he regretted that they checked out from the store immediately. They could have met the owner of E.M.Fashion. They could have seen how do she look like.

The hour of the wedding is fast approaching, the entourage will begin at 2pm. So they are very busy.. All branches of Apple blossom restaurant and the Spa's will be closed ,so they can attend to the Grand Wedding of the year. They are all invited because Victor Tan values every employee they have. In return, they're all respectful to him and the girl he valued. They also work for him wholeheartedly.