Pulling himself up with the help of the tree, James tried to get his train of thought back. He needed to get home. He had no idea what day it was or how long he'd been away from Lily, all he knew was he had to get back. And soon.

Trying to centre himself, James concentrated on the image of his home where Lily was. Waiting for him.

As he turned to apparate, he collapsed to the ground with a sickly groan.

Lily woke up with a snap of her neck.

Sucking a breath in quickly, Lily rubbed her neck as she sat up and looked out the window.

It was ealry morning and the pink tips of the suns rays lit up the lounge room and the the street infront of her. It was a breathtaking sight. Standing up slowly, Lily's blanket fell to the floor revealing her baby bump.

Rubbing her tummy, Lily walked over to the window and drew it up, letting the crisp cold air awaken her senses and enjoy the image before her.

But all too quickly, her worries of James flooded through her and Lily slamed the window shut, as if it was what was letting the flood in.

Picking up the blanket, Lily sat back down on the couch and threw the blanket around her shoulders, pulling it tight. Staring at the crack in the floorboard below her, Lily tried to convince herself James was coming home today, that she should get up, make herself breakfast and enjoy the day.

But Lily didn't get up.

Instead she stayed in her spot, staring at the crack in the floorboard.

James groaned loudly and rolled onto his back, grunting from the searing pain in his side.

"Women should never be allowed knives." James murmered to himself, "They miss."

James layed on his back, letting his hand explore his cut. His shirt was drenched, but the cut didn't seem to be bleeding as much.

James knew he needed medical assistance, the cut could get infected soon and that could be deadly.

Fighting back tears of frustration, james stood up.

"I am getting home." He grunted to himself. "I am going home".

James needed to get home but the pain in his side prevented him from concentrating on something for more than a couple of seconds. Look around, James spotted a trail path leading around and bend. As much pain as it put him in to walk, James gritted his teeth and thought of nothing but Lily.

The pain became unbearable and James shut his eyes, still concentrating on getting home. He was moving slower than an old lady in need of a hip replacement, but he was moving all the same.

After twenty minutes the trees began to thin, and james could see a cleared, green paddock infront of him and at the far end . . . a cottage.

Stopping shortly to rest against a tree, James drew in a few deep breaths and set off again, wanting nothing more than to get as close as he could to that cottage.
_

Chapter three: A New Acquaintance

James stumbled onto the veranda of the little cottage with a sharp yell, landing on his bad side.

"What in the blazes?" Came a gruff voice.

James rolled onto his back and breathed in short breaths, waiting for someone to approach.

Heavy steps approached James and he looked up to see an old weather worn, brown man with fair grey hair, crow feet brown eyes, a large belly and holding a metal pole looking thing at him.