Missions, Letters, and Bloody Owls

Начните с самого начала

"And you, Good Sir." she replied with a curt nod.

There was a small silence until Lily gave a small gasp as James lifted her up and kissed her, hungrily devouring her lips. She responded almost immediately, teasingly running her tongue along the outline of his lower lip until he shuddered. When she finally pulled away, his normally warm hazel eyes seemed a tad darker behind his glasses.

"Now, then." he muttered, reaching up to tuck a strand of her fiery hair away from her face. "I'm positive Sirius can't kiss like that."

Lily giggled and gave him another kiss. This one was much shorter, but she knew she reached her goal when he groaned and pulled away. "Absolutely, positively positive?"

"As positive as I can be without kissing him first-hand, anyway." He grinned and looked down at her lips.

She barely managed to say 'I guess that answer will suffice.' before he was kissing her again.

Lily left the auror office early that night, having finished her work earlier than usual. James hadn't been able to leave because he was called to the main office to receive new assignment information.
Although she was only three and a half months pregnant, she didn't want to hurt the baby by apparatting. Instead Lily flooed to the manor that she, James, and Sirius shared. Some people thought it was odd that Sirius lived in the same house as the married couple, but the arrangement was not the original plan.

When James's parents died, he inherited the manor and, when the Marauders and Lily graduated from Hogwarts, he invited everybody to live with him in the large home. Peter ended up not moving in because his grandmother was sick more often than not so he instead bought a small flat closer to her confines. Remus actually still lived in the manor, but was on long Order of the Phoenix missions and was almost never home. Then James proposed to Lily who, of course, accepted happily. They did not want to ask Sirius to move out of the ten-bedroom mansion and instead begged him to continue his stay. All of this led to the happy roommates that were Sirius, James, Lily, and sometimes Remus when he was home.

Lily smiled as she stepped out of the grand fireplace in the sitting room of their home. With a wave of her wand the lights flicked on, bathing her face in a warm healthy glow. Lily sighed heartily and made her way to the kitchen. A muggle clock on the wall told her that it was only 8:30, therefore meaning that James would not be home for an hour or two.

Setting her small stack of paperwork onto the kitchen counter, Lily helped herself to an apple. While she idly turned the apple's stem until it popped off, Lily realized how quiet it was. It was then she realized that Sirius wasn't home. She grinned, taking a bite of her apple. He's probably at Aubrey's house, she thought, chewing thoughtfully.

Sirius probably had a new girl every four days, if not sooner. His longest relationship consisted of a 'friends with benefits' fling that lasted roughly three months. When Remus and James asked their buddy why the relationship had lasted so long, Sirius had only replied, "The sex was fan-bloody-tastic."

Sex. That was pretty much the only thing on Sirius's mind. At age twenty-two Sirius perfectly resembled a hormone-crazed seventeen year-old. Hell, when Sirius was fifteen he resembled a hormone-crazed seventeen year-old. It was just the way his mind worked and, come to think of it, so did James's.

I'm just a woman stuck in a huge manor with two, sex-addicted men. No wonder I'm pregnant, Lily thought with a smile. Ironically enough, Sirius was partly to blame for Lily conceiving her baby.

It had been three and a half months ago, sometime in November. Sirius had caught a terrible cold with the whole works: coughing, sneezing, aching joints, and dizziness. In his disoriented state, he unknowingly drank Lily's birth control potion instead of the pepper-up potion which just happened to be in a similar bottle.